Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Kobold

Default More Misty Thicket zone issues

Alright so after doing the research and getting the ruined walls here fixed I looked more closely at the zone and found a few more problems that are not classic. Hear me out.

The April 4th, 2002 patch also added few more things to the zone that I don't remember being there when I started. These old maps http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/misty.htm seem to back me up. Lets get started.

Here is the map from the wiki, it has all kinds of things that are not listed on the maps dated back to 1999. I have colored some problems, RED is stuff that in Misty Thicket on Project1999 that is just wrong and not classic. BLUE is just map issues that I'm gonna correct with an updated map to be uploaded to wiki later.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

REDS: Clearly things that need fixing.
  • 2 on map in red. In game and is not an original camp. You can see on all the archived maps that this camp does not exist. I also remember this camp being added with this patch, just like the 1 circled in blue was added.
  • 7 and 14 on map in red. Already being fixed in next update I assume. Per my other bug report here.
  • 17 on map in red. In game and not an original hut. You can see on all the archived maps that this hut is clearly not there. The npc that would be inside the hut is Rusbek the Inhospitable, he is not there neither are his dogs. He was part of this Misty patch update and added a quest. You can see his quest here on Alla http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1714 . It was added to Alla on April 11th 2002, per that page. This hut needs to be removed.

BLUES: Map problems, I can fix.
  • 1 on map in blue. Not in game and part of the April 4th 2002 patch.
  • 5 on map in blue. Not in game and part of the April 4th 2002 patch.
  • K on map in blue. Not in game, its the PoK book location.
  • Unlabled blue circle in top right. Thats a hut that is shown in 3 maps dated 1999 on the Misty map archive listed above. It has a vender inside it. All in game and working as intended right now.

Here is the updated map I plan to upload to the wiki for the Misty Thicket page when all this gets fixed. And below it the new listing of whats stuff is.

1. Orc Camp
  2. Goblin Camps
  3. Haunted Obelisk
  4. Gate through the wall
  5. Merchant with Baking Supplies
  6. Empty Huts
  7. Empty Hut; Unoffically Blixkin Entopop's "House"
  8. Merchant with Small Leather Armor and Patterns
  9. Merchant with Sewing Supplies, including How To's, Large Kit, and Needle and Thimble Molds
  10. Merchant with Pottery Supplies
  11. Abandoned Tower
  12. Merchant with Small Armor Molds
  13. Druid Stone Ring
  14. Lil Honeybugger's Hut

Love to hear some feedback on my research / memory. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by sivax; 02-06-2015 at 08:46 PM..
Old 02-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Found some more data to back me up. From the comments on Alla about Misty Thicket, in and around April 2002. Check page here, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=7 or read the two screenshots that are ones most relevant.

Saying that more orc and goblin camps exist now ( related to the goblin camp I circled as being new ). As well as the ruins being new.

Talks about the new mob camps, and wandering mobs/items.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Nice. I put a site disclaimer on the map that isn't classic.

Many more classic zones needing fixups. Toxx and Paw come to mind.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 02-06-2015 at 10:22 PM..
Old 02-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice. I put a site disclaimer on the map that isn't classic.

Many more classic zones needing fixups. Toxx and Paw come to mind.
I'm sure others are in need as well, will fix the wiki map/descriptions if this indeed gets fixed.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

I can approve the amount of classic going into these posts.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can approve the amount of classic going into these posts.
Thanks I should have done this awhile ago, I lived in Misty for so long leveling alts back in the day and on p99. I noticed the problems before just never took the time for a write up.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

No need to Photoshop the maps just use eqatlas on the way back machine for originals.

If you see a problem with the wiki, just update it. No need to vet it in bug reports.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need to Photoshop the maps just use eqatlas on the way back machine for originals.

If you see a problem with the wiki, just update it. No need to vet it in bug reports.
First to each his own, its a wiki if I feel like fixing the best version of this zone map to more closely fit the way it was in the first map whats the problem? The older version is this map is just a box, the outline of the zone looks much better in this one. Plus the older one did not include the empty hut labeled 7 on the one I updated. But that hut clearly existed cause its on other peoples map from that era. So best of the best all in one. Why is that a problem?

Second I'm not "veting" it, I won't update the wiki til after I find out if these changes are going to be made, right now the map on the wiki is halfway accurate to the current state of the zone.

Sometimes I wonder why I try.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First to each his own, its a wiki if I feel like fixing the best version of this zone map to more closely fit the way it was in the first map whats the problem? The older version is this map is just a box, the outline of the zone looks much better in this one. Plus the older one did not include the empty hut labeled 7 on the one I updated. But that hut clearly existed cause its on other peoples map from that era. So best of the best all in one. Why is that a problem?

Second I'm not "veting" it, I won't update the wiki til after I find out if these changes are going to be made, right now the map on the wiki is halfway accurate to the current state of the zone.

Sometimes I wonder why I try.
Sorry if you took offense, i was just offering suggestions to help speed up your process.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

REDS: Clearly things that need fixing.
  • 2 on map in red. In game and is not an original camp. You can see on all the archived maps that this camp does not exist. I also remember this camp being added with this patch, just like the 1 circled in blue was added.
  • 7 and 14 on map in red. Already being fixed in next update I assume. Per my other bug report here.
  • 17 on map in red. In game and not an original hut. You can see on all the archived maps that this hut is clearly not there. The npc that would be inside the hut is Rusbek the Inhospitable, he is not there neither are his dogs. He was part of this Misty patch update and added a quest. You can see his quest here on Alla http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1714 . It was added to Alla on April 11th 2002, per that page. This hut needs to be removed.
From what I see about the doors table, you are correct in that 2 and 17 should not exist. The other camps are built into the zone. These are added to the zone as doors, which is how you would add objects to it after the fact.

If no one disagrees with this, I will remove them.