Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The testimonies were sworn under oath, was that not a legal process? I suppose if they lied under oath it would be fine since they "never went through the judicial process"?

You idiots do the same thing with freedom of speech and expression as well.

It's called 'Legal Culture', and it's part of civility.

You use it every day without realizing it.

If someone runs up to you and claims something, you usually follow up by saying "how do you know this?".

We also let people speak their minds without outright condemning them or violently attacking them.

None of those scenarios involve the judicial system, but they do involve people who are entitled to the spirit of due process because we are civil.
Careful not to pull something with your stretching.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wonkie will you admit that i am at least not as big a weiner as loramin
yeah he's a reddit guy so of course. not that i meant it sincerely either.

im just thinkin bout them dogs
Old 10-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Careful not to pull something with your stretching.
How is that stretching at all?

See this? I'm asking you for "evidence".

It's a little thing that proves your statement correct.

We use "evidence" to convict people of crimes.

You guys will learn eventually.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The testimonies were sworn under oath, was that not a legal process? I suppose if they lied under oath it would be fine since they "never went through the judicial process"?
You are equating swearing an oath during a political appointment to being charged with a crime. The fact that you (either through stupidity or sheer willfulness) fail to understanding the difference between the two just means you're not equipped to talk with the grown-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
Brilliant quote, who's it from?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are equating swearing an oath during a political appointment to being charged with a crime. The fact that you (either through stupidity or sheer willfulness) fail to understanding the difference between the two just means you're not equipped to talk with the grown-ups.

Brilliant quote, who's it from?
jean paul sartre i think he's french
Old 10-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jean paul sartre i think he's french
Oh nice. Sartre isn't my favorite French philosopher (I <3 Foucault and Derrida more) but he's definite up there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We ask for evidence in civil cases as well, you idiot.

If you sue someone, you need evidence.

Jesus christ lol
Old 10-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that phrase:

Kavanaugh never went through the judicial system (although he wanted to, and succeeded at, becoming a part of said system at the highest level possible) ... ergo due process has nothing to do with him.

Now if he'd ever gotten charged with rape, then we could talk about whether or not he got due process, but as we all know he never has (been charged).

I have to say though, what impresses me about you is you get so many things so wrong, so often, and yet it never stops you from saying more wrong things. Most people would be ashamed at being wrong so often, but you persevere.
in America, before you god damn assholes grew up from your parrents shitty parenting, the concepts behind the constitution and the bill of rights actually drove our entire society.

now you're GUILTY in a court of public opinion, regardless of what the state of your criminal investigation (or lack there of because youre not a criminal) dictates.

YOU loramin, think hes guilty of rape, based soley on the aligation, and after the FBI investigation is over, that YOUR leaders asked for, and brett said would end exactly like this, you think its invalid and he's guilty anyway.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Banned

loramin: "Due Process only applies to criminal law, you stupid Republican."

Lol
Old 10-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We ask for evidence in civil cases as well, you idiot.

If you sue someone, you need evidence.

Jesus christ lol
And what was Kav being sued for, ill-equipped child?

Closed Thread