Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Default The Last Hoorah...

What is the final bug fix / content / balancing that is due in P99 that is currently not in? For me, I would say the melee updates to SK/PAL. How can we delay these changes that hold back 66% of the tanking classes in the game? Two classes are gimp because of a few numbers in an array need to be changed? Maybe I'm oversimplifying?

What say you?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Aviak

No
Old 07-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Look, obviously if it was as easy as you make it sound ("a few numbers in an array need to be changed") then the devs would have just released the entire "Chardok 2.0" patch at once.

They have absolutely no need to arbitrarily delay the patch: if they're delaying it they have a reason, so just be patient and it will be released sometime between now and September (which is wayyyyy more forewarning than the server has ever had on almost any prior patch).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, obviously if it was as easy as you make it sound ("a few numbers in an array need to be changed") then the devs would have just released the entire "Chardok 2.0" patch at once.

They have absolutely no need to arbitrarily delay the patch: if they're delaying it they have a reason, so just be patient and it will be released sometime between now and September (which is wayyyyy more forewarning than the server has ever had on almost any prior patch).
Wait how are you getting this September date? Where does that come from?

Also, the question proposed was what is the most important thing still missing. Ya gotta chime in on that part too. I could give a shit about some quest text. Knights need to get their reparations.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait how are you getting this September date? Where does that come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't technically have to finish it before Green (since they have like two years after Green's release to address it), but as I understand it the devs' goal was always to "finish the classic EverQuest code" on Blue first before Green was released.

If that's still true I imagine they'll drop the patch before Green, not simultaneously with it, and that would put it in or before September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the question proposed was what is the most important thing still missing. Ya gotta chime in on that part too. I could give a shit about some quest text. Knights need to get their reparations.
Eh, all that's really left is the second half of the "Chardok 2.0" patch, and some relatively minor patches that came after (eg. light blue con mobs). So there's not a ton of options left to choose from.

I guess if I had to pick one it'd be /targetgroupbuff. I have a 60 Shaman (disease/poison group buffs) and a 60 Druid (PotG, Regrowth of the Grove, and the Fire/Resist group buffs) and I am very much looking forward to not having to do the "disband/invite dance" anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Nice. I didn't even know that was a thing.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Aviak

Wow I didn't know either. Group DMF would be nice for necros too!
Old 07-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if the October date gets pushed back. Initial reports from the con where they announced green were that Chardok 2.0 would be finished within weeks and then more green info. Not holding it against them, but if October isn't happening on time I won't be surprised.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow I didn't know either. Group DMF would be nice for necros too!
It's already in-game and can be yours for only ~10k!
Old 07-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

Whats the 1% tanking class?
Closed Thread