Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Some people just need to come to the understanding that the server will never feel like Classic, we can't erase all the knowledge we have about the game from our minds. So this dream of recreating the experience of classic Everquest is impossible.

As far as rooted dragons go, I remember guilds pulling dragons to trips hall specifically so I think that they shouldn't have been rooted and maybe should have been leashed instead, but I don't think the staff cares. Seems like they just wanted to reduce the number of petitions they were receiving each week and it looks like it succeeded so we're probably stuck with it.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people just need to come to the understanding that the server will never feel like Classic, we can't erase all the knowledge we have about the game from our minds. So this dream of recreating the experience of classic Everquest is impossible.

As far as rooted dragons go, I remember guilds pulling dragons to trips hall specifically so I think that they shouldn't have been rooted and maybe should have been leashed instead, but I don't think the staff cares. Seems like they just wanted to reduce the number of petitions they were receiving each week and it looks like it succeeded so we're probably stuck with it.
honestly we should just punish the idiots punchin the clocks and get on with it
Old 04-21-2020, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Pulling dragons to trips halls totally existed and is petfectly fine.

Pulling dragons, including Vulak, to zone-freaking-in is wrong on too many levels to list.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'd advise against making threads calling out nilbog in any way shape or form.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the raiding newbs among us, do people want dragons unrooted so they can be cheesed and killed easier?
There was a whole raid culture setup around the cheesing. The pull team were the all star players who were neck deep in strategies on how to train the zone around and bounce the Dragon off different pullers, using DA idols, spells and other assorted items. These guys were the most vocal when the rooted change happened because it stole the spotlight from their level of play.

(Since mistakes could happen with a complicated pull it allowed other smaller guilds who were there and could 'snipe' the Dragon. The rooting removed this and caused some heartache for some of the smaller less elite guilds as they had worked hard to get to that level of cheese.)

The other group were the 10 minute guys. They would have their characters camped and log on just for the kill. It wasn't about playing the character they leveled to 60 or even using the gear they earned. The rooted change actually let them use that high resist gear etc but it took too long for their style of play. See possible 3+ hour crawls vs. 10 minute log on. They batphone, a mass alarm sent to everyones cellphone alerting them a Dragon had spawned and was being pulled would que them to log in.

Dragons were pulled by the pull team the instant they popped. So it was a mixture of cheesing the zone and skilled play, although I have to be careful how I use the world skill because there is a counter argument here on the forums that EQ requires 0 (zero) skill to play. Its part of forum pwning.

You would think if the original developers for this era of EQ wanted their ultimate zone being pulled in such a way then they would have just put all the dragons near the zone in that can be single pulled/raided with no zone trash mobs to be annoying time sinks. Part of elite level play is bypassing all that to get the cookie. So the argument is one consisting of players remembering it being one way while the other group think it is a waste of time when they can get the good stuff in 10 minutes or less.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want my honest opinion Loramin, here it is.

1. Unroot the dragons
2. Only 1 toon for each entity allowed in north at a time or DQ
3. Get rid of pet tracking if not already. Ranger/druid/bard + facetrack only (Lokk time!)
4. Ban the use of Earring of Frozen skull or increase the recharge rate dramatically if not done already (I own 2, gulp).
5. Ban the use of Kazumi for group FTE attempts
6. Allow any dragon to be pulled to entrance.
7. Minimal CSR. Determine infractions if time permits or within an acceptable time frame once all evidence is collected. Concedes on the next x4 on the specific dragon in question for infractions. Concede x3 if admitted before a review is conducted by staff.
Agree..
Old 04-21-2020, 08:46 PM
Banned

remove all csr over mob disputes let all disputes be resolved by trains and or dps and or memblur

have csr only support stuff like deleted items and guild tags

problem solved
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what else isn't classic? 150+ overgeared players killing 1 dragon. So don't tell me this set of rules has created a server with a classic feel.
Limit raid groups to like 60 and make it some what if a challenge.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remove all csr over mob disputes let all disputes be resolved by trains and or dps and or memblur

have csr only support stuff like deleted items and guild tags

problem solved
also try red once the above is implemented
Old 04-21-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Leashing might be in the future, we will see. I think you are 50% correct about the petitions. The other part was no one could prove that Dragons were pulled to the zone. There was some heresay that they were, I think one guy said he seen it happen but didn't see if that was post Luclin or not.

But the elf lawyer meme at least partially came from all of this. Petition war to see who broke which of the 3,256 different raid rules so they could forum gloat and get 'free pixels'... etc etc etc.

Rants & Flames might have died though. People enjoy their drama. Drama is fine but I would prefer to skip elf lawyer and PetitionQuest with this guild or that guild getting suspended over retardation. Don't know if that is possible or not yet, would require a shift in player culture I would think.
Closed Thread