Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+ would let Jermy be a GM
Drugs
Old 04-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

checkraise is right btw
Old 04-30-2019, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

To claim the server pop is where it is now because of Tune is laughable. People aren't sitting on the sidelines currently because of Apex or Tune or whatever guild may still be raiding here uncontested in 2027; they are sitting on the sidelines because most people aren't really interested in coming back to a server locked forever in Velious that we already played out, to fight for pixels we don't need, with more zones than players, and with uninteresting mass pvp of "hug a zoneline for 3 hours refreshing buffs for maybe 3 minutes of action followed by fighting people while engaged on a mob"

wipe red or make a new pvp server that isn't launched with game breaking chain rooting mage pets with no guard assist and 100x other game breaking bugs that were here on launch, and you'll see 500+ pop again; the end.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

I see [Heartbrand's vision] quickly turning into 3-5 factions, each carving out territory they protect with contested, true PvP zones that people hug zone lines in.

I'd be down for a wipe if they fix plugging, get input from the community regarding small changes (soulfire? trak teeth? etc) and have the major factions on hard coded by IP, no limit PvP (fuck faction flip floppers).
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-30-2019, 04:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To claim the server pop is where it is now because of Tune is laughable. People aren't sitting on the sidelines currently because of Apex or Tune or whatever guild may still be raiding here uncontested in 2027; they are sitting on the sidelines because most people aren't really interested in coming back to a server locked forever in Velious that we already played out, to fight for pixels we don't need, with more zones than players, and with uninteresting mass pvp of "hug a zoneline for 3 hours refreshing buffs for maybe 3 minutes of action followed by fighting people while engaged on a mob"

wipe red or make a new pvp server that isn't launched with game breaking chain rooting mage pets with no guard assist and 100x other game breaking bugs that were here on launch, and you'll see 500+ pop again; the end.
You're correct in all aspects of this post: however the deviation is in the mentality of say <Empire> v <Apex>.

We can agree both guilds were zergs in their respected era's.

During Empire days I never heard leadership ask their members to scrub out other guilds. Infact Gongshow and Colgate specifically stated on many occasions when asked why we dont dont take VP from Friends is because they dont want to kill the server and allow other guilds to function and get lewt. They also began to allow <TMO> to do HoT and other raids after it was clear TMO<Blue> had been put in their place re: the adpating to red comments from Tiggles.

We also knew Friends was doing HoT/WToV deep into the nights but no one went and trained them etc.

We knew TMO was doing Kael Arena and PoG for gear and no one excessively went out of their way to destroy their time in game.

During these times there was also a few other guilds around: Prophets of Slush, Casual Sucm etc. All functioning guilds.

Now fast foward to Apex's era and they are going out of their way to kill off all other guilds so that there is 0 competition to get loot. Heck they were killing Trakanon just to deny guilds VP keys. They were doing this all while the population was plummeting.

Tune turned VS raids from optional to DKP because not enough people would show up just to take on Thunderdomes' strangle hold on it (this is VS we are talking about during velious era). We are talking about a 50-60 member velious guild vrs a 12-15 member kunark guild.

So yes, Apex and Tune are responsible for the loss of a partial amount of the population on red99. Instead of harboring an enviornment where guilds could co-exist they would destory them resulting in people quiting. No one has time to neckbeard like core Apex neckbearded.

But the totality of population loss is a result of the server not getting wipes.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Boo Hoo Stuff...<<Skipped>>

Now fast foward to Apex's era and they are going out of their way to kill off all other guilds so that there is 0 competition to get loot. Heck they were killing Trakanon just to deny guilds VP keys. They were doing this all while the population was plummeting.

Tune turned VS raids from optional to DKP because not enough people would show up just to take on Thunderdomes' strangle hold on it (this is VS we are talking about during velious era). We are talking about a 50-60 member velious guild vrs a 12-15 member kunark guild.

So yes, Apex and Tune are responsible for the loss of a partial amount of the population on red99. Instead of harboring an enviornment where guilds could co-exist they would destory them resulting in people quiting. No one has time to neckbeard like core Apex neckbearded.

But the totality of population loss is a result of the server not getting wipes.
What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Seems to me, he got a bunch of like minded friends, out PvP'd and crush opposition guilds who couldn't get their shit together and fight back in any meaningful way. Imagine that, a guild willing to PvP for pixels on a PvP server and you're crying about it.

Fuck off back to blue.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Seems to me, he got a bunch of like minded friends, out PvP'd and crush opposition guilds who couldn't get their shit together and fight back in any meaningful way. Imagine that, a guild willing to PvP for pixels on a PvP server and you're crying about it.

Fuck off back to blue.
Lol this would be funny if it wasn't you posting it.

Also I am still not 100% convinced you're not one of Tunes' crazy alternate personalities he has. This sort of post kinda makes me think you are again.

Anyhoo bless you ignight if you are a real person and not some split personality: none of this really matters much like your time on this server.
Last edited by White_knight; 04-30-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

Tune this. Tune that. Be careful out there, everyone could be Tune. You're obsessed. Get help.

Fuck off back to blue.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Banned

Empire attacked us pretty often in HoT. Had to put Fandango face down in some drake drudge a few times, but eventually colgate would train us on some throw away 50s character only eating one suspesion on his monk after a month two of doing it. Also we definently lost VP, sometime before or after we took a few shawls of protection. None of that effected our numbers though, except for 10 or so non factor warmbodies that would only log in if we were "winning" something consistently.

Some of us quit when Empire quit, and some of us (tune, grixus) went on to raid uncontested for years to come. Servers dead because its the 3rd or 4th year of velious. Deal with it
Old 04-30-2019, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

I'm of the opinion that the difficulty of Velious raid content combined with the gear gap achieved by completing said content is the reason why Velious is inherently so difficult to rise up as an underdog guild. Yes, I know this is common knowledge to many of you. In Kunark we could close the majority of that gear gap without raiding or by only raiding old-world content. In Velious if you bust your ass on all non-Velious-raid content you won't even close half of the gap. I think r99 just needs Luclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]