Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Orc

Default Green concept? Still confused.

As someone who has never given P99 (as a TLPer, of course I've always known about it) a serious try, this could be biased from my lack of experience here but....

Am I the only one still kind of confused as to exactly what the plan is for patch progression in green?

I've read http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server. Besides the schedule I also see "each month will have unlocks of patches from March 1999 to December 2001."

But does this mean the goal of green is supposed to encompass every small change observed in the patch notes? Some posters seem to suggest this, but that just seems highly unrealistic and unlikely.

Are there specific class/defining-mechanics that are intended to be "patched-in" and then patched-out? Will there be an attempt to patch every little minute spell detail? Or will it mostly be based around the zone release schedule linked above, and similar to having different phases like WoW classic?

Does the dev team want to purposefully remain ambiguous as to what the exact plan is, or as to what exact changes they feel will deserve being reflected in the timeline? Maybe as a way to recreate that sense of "not knowing" that came with original EQ? I wouldn't mind that, but it'd be nice to get clarification.

This isn't a call-out or thread about whining. I've scoured a lot of information over the last week and at this point I still honestly don't know exactly.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

You're overthinking it.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Oh yes, there will be more patches than just launch/Kunark/Velious. There are lots more dates of importance in the timeline, such as the removal of certain legacy items and the addition of Paineel. Check this out and tell me if it doesn’t answer your question:
http://wiki.project1999.com/EverQuest_Timeline
Old 10-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're overthinking it.
This isn't wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

The ultimate goal is to have it be as accurate to the original timeline as possible. Yes, that means tiny mechanics changes in every patch.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-18-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff generally aim to recreate classic. They generally succeed. But it's an impossible task so there are compromises for different reasons along the way, which is why some of your questions can't really be answered by anyone except nilbog or rogean, and even they are just humans who can change their minds over time on different matters. Etc.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Think of it as TLP that ends at velious and has in era patches that follow a timeline
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff generally aim to recreate classic. They generally succeed. But it's an impossible task so there are compromises for different reasons along the way, which is why some of your questions can't really be answered by anyone except nilbog or rogean, and even they are just humans who can change their minds over time on different matters. Etc.
Who’s overthinking it now?
Old 10-18-2019, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Except that this puts back in things that SOE/Daybreak took out. Like corpse runs with no npc that can summon corpse, darkness, old ui. old character models. no easy way to port with plane of knowledge or luclin. So more traveling and relying on others to help you. Slower regen of health and mana due to not having the enhanced out of combat regen.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that this puts back in things that SOE/Daybreak took out. Like corpse runs with no npc that can summon corpse, darkness, old ui. old character models. no easy way to port with plane of knowledge or luclin. So more traveling and relying on others to help you. Slower regen of health and mana due to not having the enhanced out of combat regen.
Are you ready to play some real EverQuest, OP? It’s better.
Closed Thread