Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is a fucking bloated monstrosity of a server. It’s the best available by a country mile before green, but now that we have green we should try to stay as far away from what Blue was/became as possible. The staff have went with selectively classic/non classic decisions many times before, this should be one of those times now that green has teal doubling up the manastone camps and they are on literal 24/7 farm.
This has nothing to do with the current problem of the Manastone drop rate.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

So far just this, it contrasts 'rare' with 'uncommon' though, which I think is a decent find.

Quote:
WHY STOP DROPPING IT?, By Highbird

I don't think they will have it stop dropping, afterall it's a rare dropping INT caster only robe that comes from a weekly spawing lvl 60 Dragon..unlike the manastone which uncommonly dropped off Evil-Eyes which are in the lvl range of the mid 30s. I think they'd need it to drop more.

http://web.archive.org/web/200011220...iption&Id=1805
Old 11-13-2019, 12:42 PM
Banned

We had "more manastones than actual players" on red. Which was likely true.

By Velious they became very valuable again and not everyone had one.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Uncommonly dropped is a pretty telling description. 20+ hour gaps in drops even when accounting for RNG sounds very off.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:29 PM
Kobold

Manastone drop rates on P99 are not even close to classic. I'd love to know what justification they have for setting it to less than 10% drop rate with a 60% PH chance. I get it, you guys don't think you have enough evidence to change it. What is the evidence you're using for the CURRENT drop rate? Because I feel like the "evidence" you're using to justify the current drop rate doesn't exist.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

We've nearly reached the thirty hour mark since the last stone dropped on Green. That's 28+ consecutive hours for one person to get their stone, with at least 4 others having to wait those same 28+ hours and more just for their chance to spend 20 to over 65 hours for their chance at this item that is largely only useful for it's own era.

Let's be real; this is likely the product of artificial scarcity because the staff knew the population was going to be many times over what the initial population of Blue was (/tinfoil hat). We even a post here from nilbog stating that the bag (the common drop from EE table) was dropping 70% of the time during early classic Blue prior the Manastone being removed. This coincides with the drop formula for named mobs Daldaen mentioned in this thread. So why is it being kept secret now?

More importantly, what evidence is being used to support the current drop rate if nothing decisive has been found?
Old 11-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Just some quick update.

The last 3 manastones are:
31.5 hours for a drop of a manastone from last
6hrs for another.
currently at 34.5 hours and no stone.

HEAPS CLASSIC GUYS

(qualification, im at just under 100 hours total spent here)
Last edited by Solist; 11-15-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Old 11-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone drop rates on P99 are not even close to classic. I'd love to know what justification they have for setting it to less than 10% drop rate with a 60% PH chance. I get it, you guys don't think you have enough evidence to change it. What is the evidence you're using for the CURRENT drop rate? Because I feel like the "evidence" you're using to justify the current drop rate doesn't exist.
What "evidence" do you have "drop rates on P99 are not even close to classic"?

It's a hypothetical question because I know you don't have any.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

For what its worth i saw 5 drop in 36 hours.

Sounds like ya'll got some bad RNG.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

This is sort of like resist rates.

You’re not going to find specific resist rates on every single mob in game, so you generally just want to go with a basic resist set. Unless you have specific evidence indicating a mob has a special or unique resist, like some mobs being magic immune for example. Then you apply a magic immune resist level to a mob.

Same should go for Manastone drop rate. In absence of specific information, it should match the regular drop rate for “rare drops” from the other 20 named mobs in the same zone.
Closed Thread