Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default Tagging/splitting mobs

Is currently impossible with the current rates at which mobs walk back

Sneak pulling has been killed so give monks the abillity to split by making the mob reset rate classic

I really hate complaining on the forums but i really shouldnt have to have my guild employ the use of 2-3 monks training and peeling mobs just to break traks lair or split mobs in hate
Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is currently impossible with the current rates at which mobs walk back

Sneak pulling has been killed so give monks the abillity to split by making the mob reset rate classic

I really hate complaining on the forums but i really shouldnt have to have my guild employ the use of 2-3 monks training and peeling mobs just to break traks lair or split mobs in hate
Sounds classic.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:18 PM
Aviak

old trick used to be to melee them so they lose some health and they'd stand around regenning hp before they started to walk back. It doesn't seem to work on P99.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

I have no proof as of yet. But I do recall the memblur aspect of FD to be much more effective on live. I.e. you could pull six mobs, FD, let them start pathing, stand up, and not all six would remember you more often than not. Made it possible to single out a mob with nothing but repeated stand/FD until only one or two were still agroed.

Currently on p99, the mobs men wipe at an extremely low rate it seems.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Offtank / CC adds. Game being harder is good news, classic was hard.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Get good.

Try timing your stand from feign when multiple NPC's return to their spawn point to single one out.

Sounds like Monk is somewhat classic now after six years.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

i love the "get gud" responses... Coming from people who have a dozen level 60's who benefited from the previously broken mechanics and chardok plvl'ing

I don't mind the slog, i just find the artificial classism amusing
Old 03-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love the "get gud" responses... Coming from people who have a dozen level 60's who benefited from the previously broken mechanics and chardok plvl'ing

I don't mind the slog, i just find the artificial classism amusing
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=68541

Created in 2012 dipshit.

I'll say it again, GET GOOD.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

I don't really like the "git gud" responses either so I won't go there but I will say that monk solo splitting is still possible. I was able to solo split Trak's lair at 55. I most certainly haven't benefited from broken mechanics and i don't have uber gear or any level 60's.

It's certainly more of a PITA now..and I think some of the mechanics are actually broken (FD mem blur rate is too low and mobs that reset at re-spawn point sometimes don't mem blur like they should) but you don't need 2-3 monks for something like Trak's lair.

Like mentioned already you just have to use spawn point reset with LOS and pathing to get them split. They don't always cooperate with their return to spawn times and sometimes jumpy is a serious PITA but it's doable...just more time consuming. Having a good peeler will speed things up.

Hate on the other hand..that's another story. Probably do need a good chain of pullers/peelers there now unless you can handle huge pulls. Aggro in there seems pretty whacked and they don't seem to follow any LOS rules at all..just aggro through all walls all the time.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Wasn't there talk of sneak acting like a lull still, even after the change?
Closed Thread