Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Aviak

Default Getting to Xalgoz

Could someone give me a quick rundown on how to get to this dude? Would like to score a fang. I attempted a few times but ended up getting lost and had to gate the last time. Only ever visited this zone a few times on live and the one time we camped him someone in the group knew the way.
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 02-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone give me a quick rundown on how to get to this dude? Would like to score a fang. I attempted a few times but ended up getting lost and had to gate the last time. Only ever visited this zone a few times on live and the one time we camped him someone in the group knew the way.
It's really a pita especially for certain classes. I think it's best to ask someone in the zone for assistance that's what I did.

The biggest hassle is all the see invis mobs coupled with undead.

I found my way to the bottom floor, but then kept running around in circles I couldn't find the temple area where he spawned.

Two necros were camping him and one came and found me. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have found my way to the spawn spot.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Aviak

Go straight from zone in and drop down where I have it marked 1. Make sure you have lev and only drop down half way. You'll want to calm the spiders as you go because quite a few of them see invis. They're not overly difficult to fight or anything, just annoying. Go straight and drop down where the map is labeled 2 and turn around. Basically just follow the left now until you get to the church. When you reach the "Five Towers" part of the map you can safely invis undead from there on out. Behind Xalgoz is a staircase going down and you are safe there at the bottom of the stairs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaesora1.jpg (77.5 KB, 798 views)
File Type: jpg kaesora23.jpg (58.8 KB, 755 views)
Last edited by Zorlon; 02-13-2017 at 10:46 PM..
Old 02-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Aviak

thanks man i will try this when i get home later!
Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 AM
Aviak

Well I got there all right, next thing i know a ravager near the church sees me and im jumped by 4 other skellies and died xD time to go back naked now.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I got there all right, next thing i know a ravager near the church sees me and im jumped by 4 other skellies and died xD time to go back naked now.
Now this is classic EverQuest.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Welcome to EverQuest! Where being forced to streak through dungeons is so commonplace you don't even get arrested for it anymore.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 02-14-2017, 10:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go straight from zone in and drop down where I have it marked 1. Make sure you have lev and only drop down half way. You'll want to calm the spiders as you go because quite a few of them see invis. They're not overly difficult to fight or anything, just annoying. Go straight and drop down where the map is labeled 2 and turn around. Basically just follow the left now until you get to the church. When you reach the "Five Towers" part of the map you can safely invis undead from there on out. Behind Xalgoz is a staircase going down and you are safe there at the bottom of the stairs.
Thanks for making this map! I needed it too.

Yoxodo da Necro
Old 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That map is great. Just a couple things to add.

It isn't a requirement to have lev at drop down 1, although it helps. Without lev you can just jump forward into the wall while pressing the forward key and you land on the second level down, possibly taking a very small amount of damage on the fall.

Also you don't want to hug a left after drop down 2 just yet, as you reach a 4-way intersection around loc (-25, 230) where you actually want to go straight (right where it switches from spiders to undead). Once you get through this then you want to IVU and then hug the left wall through the undead area until you reach the tunnel down to the church area.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I can never find this guy, I hate Kaesora