Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Orc

Default Plane of Hate Revamp item drops - GM reply would be appreciated

This is about the Hate revamp and item drops, mainly focusing on Staff of Elemental Mastery Earth, being an item of highly contested for $$$ and just a huge headache overall. I've done some research and tried to be as accurate as possible w/ the little bit of searching I could do. Daybreak didn't keep any of the SoE archives before 4/14/04, Allakhazam.com still had them all and another site I found as well, http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php
If it does end up being on the positive side, a change that was overlooked by accident, not only mages but other classes will benefit from this as well, if the items aren't setup properly atm.
Any GM/Server Admin response would be great appreciated and welcomed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg patch notes.jpg (96.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg patch notes 2.jpg (93.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg patch notes 3.jpg (97.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg patch notes 4.jpg (101.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg patch notes 5.jpg (93.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldjor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is about the Hate revamp and item drops, mainly focusing on Staff of Elemental Mastery Earth, being an item of highly contested for $$$ and just a huge headache overall. I've done some research and tried to be as accurate as possible w/ the little bit of searching I could do. Daybreak didn't keep any of the SoE archives before 4/14/04, Allakhazam.com still had them all and another site I found as well, http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php
If it does end up being on the positive side, a change that was overlooked by accident, not only mages but other classes will benefit from this as well, if the items aren't setup properly atm.
Any GM/Server Admin response would be great appreciated and welcomed.
Think you are missing a hate update. Look at this post:

Staff Post circa 2003

Then look at these notes:

patch notes may 2003

Looks like the staff change likely happened in 2003
Last edited by cubiczar; 04-11-2017 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Added patch notes link
Old 04-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think you are missing a hate update. Look at this post:

Staff Post circa 2003

Then look at these notes:

patch notes may 2003

Looks like the staff change likely happened in 2003
Problem with the timeline in those posts. May 17th the guy says went in on the first day it went live and got the staff from a trash mob. There is a post directly below that from may 14th hoping that the NEW hate is better. The patch opening hate to all servers looks like it was on may 14th, not sure why the person posted after the patch should have been live hoping it would be better.
Last edited by Maner; 04-11-2017 at 10:08 PM..
Old 04-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem with the timeline in those posts. May 17th the guy says went in on the first day it went live and got the staff from a trash mob. There is a post directly below that from may 14th hoping that the NEW hate is better. The patch opening hate to all servers looks like it was on may 14th, not sure why the person posted after the patch should have been live hoping it would be better.
I don't really see any issues at all with that, the guy hoping the new hate would be better was talking about vampire essences and being there for the past 7 days farming them. What better time to speculate (and complain) than on patch day while you can't log in.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

post time 11:30am, patch time 03:00am. I honestly dont remember the average time that the servers were down for a patch though
Old 04-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
post time 11:30am, patch time 03:00am. I honestly dont remember the average time that the servers were down for a patch though
Still don't see how this is a problem regardless if this guy posted before or after the patch was applied. Obviously he hadn't had a chance to try it out yet.

But as far as downtime it was at least 5 hours but we all remember how those estimates would go long =)

patch downtime
Old 04-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Aviak

Posted this in the server chat thread on this subject but it should close the debate:

Recent to June 2001:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020113...drops_poh.html

And then the Revamp in May 2003:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030514.html

There are no patches or updates to Plane of Hate between those 2 time periods.

And to further add to it without screenshots or "evidence":

TLP servers such as Ragefire and Phinigel start Classic with the first updated Hate. Magi drops earth staff from day 1 and it is not until the PoP era expansions that they open up the next version of Hate where Inny has his loot upgraded again to be more in-line with that era of the game and the staves and other items are moved around to trash. Say what you will about the TLP servers and being "not classic" but they stick to the revamping of zones to a pretty decently close timeline.