Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you leaving the goo and the golem out too? They spawn in the same spots and have the exact same level and stats as the wurm
I'm doing north right now for exp so I have really recent experience dealing with all of its inhabitants.

Wurm is quite a bit weaker than the other named in this wing. Pretty sure he's lower level as well, I got nowhere near as many stun resists on him as on the named when I started doing north at level 54. I added him back though. He definitely has less HP's than the named too.

Quote:
Besides, you acknowledged earlier in the thread that a large part of the difficulty in soloing any given mob is getting to (and possibly spawning) and pulling it, not just killing the mob by itself in a vaccuum. HS north is no picnic to solo unless you're already an accomplished soloer and/or familiar with the place. And even then, there's miles of difference between handling one of the rooms where the key for the boss room spawns as a chanter or a necro compared to as a shaman or druid or something. IIRC some of the best original SAC competitors didn't do north until they were 60, and I don't remember ever seen anyone outside of enchanter, necro, or shaman soloing it at all.
I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make there.

Quote:
Further, you insisted on using a zone-by-zone system for this. Why in the world would you leave a named, loot-dropping NPC off of the list when your whole idea for the ranking was to show what all a person has done in a specific zone?
As I said, I left him out because he's barely different from regular trash mobs in terms of difficulty. However, I've added him back in due to popular demand (population = you). Also, I suppose, the more the merrier.

Quote:
Are you sure about tier 6 for HS?
Absolutely not - this is a request for comments. Matter of fact I have never soloed a single mob in HS East myself, so everyone's wisdom is more than welcome.

Quote:
Undertaker Lord is 56, so no normal mezzes, no stuns, tougher resists, and he's got a HT (and SK spells? I can't recall). Compared to Mortiferous Protector who is only 55, so he can be mezzed, stunned, has generally lower resists, and doesn't HT (or cast). Did they change DS with Velious? I almost want to say she should be on the same tier as Undertaker Lord. I mean, she hits harder and casts necro spells and has a big lifetap proc (as of the last I knew)... but she is more easily pulled and is only level 55 so she can be stunned.

As I said, not having done HS East myself other than back on live with a group - we're speaking 2001 so it's 16 years ago and memories are blurry at best - I'm gonna have to rely on everyone's comments.

What would you say? Put DS, MP and UL all in the same tier? or DS + MP in a tier and UL in the tier above?

I'm pretty sure south mobs tiers can also use some adjustments.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

I thought south tiers were ok.

Last I was in HS south on p99 (which admittedly was like 3 years ago), the one Spectre guy was level 55 and procs lifetap; embalming fluid and crypt wurm were both 52 but wurm is kinda nuts if he has the sword cause it procs a lot and for 500ish; the two other guys iirc are both only 50 so they don't even summon and are trivial compared to fighting the wings trash really.. lol.

For east I'd say UL and DS on top tier. UL might be harder for some people and easier for others so can't probably put them on different tiers. The rest of the nameds are about the same really... nothing sets them significantly apart from each other since they don't cast and the only proccing wep you can run into is just a lowish-damage snare.

What I was getting at with the rest of the post is that it's silly to admit that a big part of the solo challenge is getting to, spawning, and pulling a named, not just killing it, and then leave a named off the list just because it isn't anything special in and of itself. Plus if you're using a rank system that is on a zone by zone basis, leaving any nameds off the list that are from that zone seems, again, silly.

Other than that, maybe north nameds have changed since I was there 6-7 months ago. But at that time, I know all the nameds in there were level 50, same hp, same melee damage, verifiable with my loads of logs. Check yours. You can easily see if his melee hits are only 124 (or less) which is the max you'll see from trash in there (again, unless they changed it in the last several months), or if they're 140 just like the other level 50 nameds. Gameparse or.something will show how many hp he had... it's probably like 12,000 as a level 50 compared to the level 42-45 trash in the wing that will have like 4-5k hp.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

I'll change the HS East Tiers to reflect your comments.

North nameds are all level 50 and have about 8k hp - a very close complete heal on them gives that number.

As for the wurm, I mean I understand your remarks but I literally logged about 7 hours in HS north just today and killed everything there like 12 times, including all nameds, and maybe 4 crypt wurms. Crypt wurm definitely weaker than the other named. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, point is moot, mob is back on the list.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Also, after examining my logs... Max hit from "a crypt wurm" is 132 (113 landed attacks sample size).
Old 04-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This someone's particular SAC2 achievement "fingerprint" would be:
HSe7-OSe2-OSs4-CHs4dm. It could actually be used in forum signatures etc.

The fingerprint means - "Howling Stones enchanter solo rank 7, Old Sebilis enchanter solo rank 2, Old Sebilis solo shaman rank 4, Chardok duo shaman with monk rank 4".

The fingerprint could be of course extended to account for modifiers such as strong item clickies and whatnot. The fingerprint is called the SAC2CODE, or S2C. Some of you might know the Geek Code from the 80s. S2C would be a geek code but just for EQ nerds.

Does this seem too complicated? I like the idea of being able to put your whole soloing resume in a single line in your forum signature.
People who are actually capable of soloing zones like Seb or HS or SG should have very little difficulty decyphering or creating S2C tags.
I feel like this is trying way too hard to get recognition for something that maybe 30 people on this server might actually care enough about to try or work on.

Here is my idea to throw into the fire:

Make 2 categories similar to how speedrunners operate.

Any% - You solo'd the mob by any means necessary, including outside buffs, outside pulling help, overpowered clickies, whatever it takes.

Solo% - You solo'd the mob by yourself with zero outside assistance. Basic clickies allowed and Class Specific clickies allowed. Make a "Banned" list and vote on it. For example I think Puppet Strings should be blanket banned but Wand of Allure should be allowed to use as an Enchanter. A Shaman that can craft his own Wort pots can use them. A Paladin can use his own Soulfire. Again - take it to a vote of a good chunk of people that we can verify are actually going to work on this and weed out the troll votes.

Drop all of the Tiers and Ranks.

Ask the Admins nicely to open a new Sub under Class Discussions titled "Solo Artist Challenge" and allow all verified competitors to create their own thread to list their achievements. They can then link that to their sig. The moderators of that Sub can sticky the main topics such as the Rules and How To Compete etc.

If you then want to make a big sticky thread with the "Leaderboard" or other ways of giving the competitors a little extra pat on the back, wahtever, then a few people can maintain it. The scope of how in depth you can make that chart and how to make it properly is beyond this conversation at the moment, but it is a start.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Tecmos' changes implemented in the HS page.

Added a Sebilis page: https://p99solo.wordpress.com/old_sebilis

Mostly took the rankings from the old SAC list. Let me know if anything needs rearranging. Particularly unsure about Tier 3 - are they really of comparable difficulty to solo?

I put Trakanon in the list (top tier obviously), because maybe, just maybe, someone someday will come up with a crazy plan and kill him, who knows. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Added "help from a rogue opening doors is allowed" to the rules page.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll change the HS East Tiers to reflect your comments.

North nameds are all level 50 and have about 8k hp - a very close complete heal on them gives that number.

As for the wurm, I mean I understand your remarks but I literally logged about 7 hours in HS north just today and killed everything there like 12 times, including all nameds, and maybe 4 crypt wurms. Crypt wurm definitely weaker than the other named. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, point is moot, mob is back on the list.
Crypt wurm is level 48, the other nameds in north are all 50. The crypt feaster he was talking about spawns in south and will indeed ruin your day if it has the flint dagger and you arent ready for it.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

good thread/idea by kunark farmers, but attempting to get way too formally detailed and accountable for an rng game. if gonna consider clickies may as well have a gear tier option or something

just post cool solo endeavors videos here or somewhere for ppl to critique and enjoy/rate them
Old 04-18-2017, 07:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know Redwjamz/Hathaway solo'd Phinny and everyone was impressed - but wasn't there some issue with bugged mobs in the zone that he moved out of the way?
If I remember right, he somehow got Phinny into the seahorse caves (I don't remember how) and then used a charmed tainted seahorse, and there was a bug where the corrupted seahorse would attack whatever killed the tainted.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Seb looks ok. Probably need to put prot and tola on their own tier though... i.e. the "this is almost certainly impossible nowadays" tier. Lol.

I don't know what pulls look like at King now, but he really wasn't soloable last I knew. The pull is too hard.

Emperor is realistically soloable for chanter (without clickies, even), shaman, and necro at least. He's tough, and his room has several mobs in it, but you have space and time and few pathers to worry about.
Closed Thread