Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What class could kill Vindi with the least amount of players.
Enchanter 55 31.25%
Magician 31 17.61%
Necro 7 3.98%
Wizard 17 9.66%
Cleric 7 3.98%
Druid 7 3.98%
Shaman 6 3.41%
Bard 3 1.70%
Monk 13 7.39%
Ranger 8 4.55%
Rogue 4 2.27%
Paladin 4 2.27%
Shadow Knight 2 1.14%
Warrior 12 6.82%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stopped reading there.

Vindi will not kill ~2 wizards every 11 seconds, more like 6 or 7. Going to be conservative and optimistics for the wizards:

Also to begin casting the 1st wave of nukes, Vindi must be in range of the raid. Therefore aggroed on the raid and actively killing wizards.

So by the time the 1nd wave of Hsagra's Wrath lands, he probably killed at least 2. That's ~55k dmg.

Recast time 5 seconds, he probably killed at least 3 others during that time. That's 25 wizards left. They begin casting a 2nd nuke. 4.5 seconds later, only 20 actually land, for 40k dmg. Vindi is about 55% HP but it isn't looking good for the wizzies as by the time they land a 3rd nuke, only ~14 of them will be living, landing for about 28k dmg, and then the raid wipes.

This would probably work with 50+ giantbane wizards.

Since the topic about what class could kill Vindi with the LEAST number of players, I suppose this rules wizards out.
6 or 7 wizards? Why? They can cast Giant Bane out of melee range and summon has a refresh time. Also you can definitely hit him with a volley without him having hit anyone or at most attacking/killing one.

Also 50+?! That's way overkill if you are trying to do a low numbers kill. 100K first round, even with the what I think is very high 6 to 7 deaths per volley you finish high 30s wizards.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 04-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Giantbane has a range of 200 according to wiki - this means that to start casting it on Vindi, you must be on his hate list, and the death toll starts at the moment the first nuke starts being casted - this was my point.

But regardless of that, a wizard can certainly last several rounds without heals tanking Vindi. Matter of fact, if the RNG collaborates, a wizard can tank him for hours without heals - it's just very unlikely.

In a real-life situation of a wizard raid taking Vindi on, the wizards will not be tanking him for multiple rounds. Most of the time they will be dropping like flies (oh and he rampages).

My whole point was that 30 GB wizards is not enough to kill Vindi. Too many will die before he dies. I think ~50 is a number that might stand a chance.
Closed Thread