Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 04-12-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could tank with dual Lammies and never lose aggro, flame lick is far and away better than waiting on a proc for aggro.

If you want to flip the frosty to get your money back, I’ll buy it for my warrior which I’ve needed to replace for a while now.

People generally shit on lammies because they are a sub 0.5 ratio. Jade mace is around the same price and is a .5 ratio with 18 delay, making it the de jure twink weapon. No harm in using lammies till epic though. I still think the play would be to buy a 10/18 velium warsword (crafted velium warsword) for 5-6k. This is a weapon you could use forever in the primary alongside your swiftwind when you decide to do that.
I'll sell it to you for 1.8k if you want it. That's what I paid for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren't getting Swiftwind soon, then I would definitely upgrade your offhand Lammy with a better ratio. Winter's Fury or Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn come to mind with your budget, but if you are always solo or tanking then Frostbringer is perfectly acceptable as an offhand over Lammy. Really, the best thing you can do is to get Swiftwind done. You'll use that forever.
Once I ding 49 I'm going to leave Paineel to go get my new spells. That will probably be when I start doing the foraging and the running around, though I would most certainly need help with the Corrupter and Jaeil in The Hole.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it's not worth getting a Winter's Fury then, to replace my off-hand Lammy?

If I'm going to keep it for tanking, I feel like I should also get a Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood, or a Flamesong, to pair with it for more proc threat.

Although a Ranger really doesn't have any problems with threat considering Call of Sky and Flame Lick.
I would pass on winters fury. Looks like shit too.

Lammy/frostbringer can prob out aggro frostbringer/venom axe due to superior white damage with a low threat proc on axe and flame lick is doing most of the heavy lifting for aggro anyway
Old 04-12-2022, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would pass on winters fury. Looks like shit too.

Lammy/frostbringer can prob out aggro frostbringer/venom axe due to superior white damage with a low threat proc on axe and flame lick is doing most of the heavy lifting for aggro anyway
Another reason I was eyeing Frostbringer was because it has AC on it. Though it's only a marginal amount, my understanding was, and I'm probably wrong about this, but my understanding was that AC on any item that can go in the off-hand counts as shield AC and goes above the softcap.

I was told it works for the same way for AC on two-handers as well, notably the Paladin Epic and Nature's Defender.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Well, Dinged 49 finally, which means I'm out shopping for new spells again. I have two choices at this point, I can either buy a Jade Reaver now and try to get as much of my Epic done as possible, or I can go farm some more money and push to 51 before I start.

I don't know if the geonids in CC will be enough to get me to 51 but that's where I plan to go back to with my new spells. But if I buy a Jade Reaver and sell my Frostbringer, I'll probably have about 13k to my name, and I'm not sure if that's enough to afford a VS stone. And I have to MQ a swirling sphere as well.

I certainly can't do this without a druid to port me all over the place, it's just too much running around. But do I have enough money at the moment to go after Swiftwind now, or should I go grind it out in CC (or alternatively, Bashers in Grobb) and put more money aside?
Old 04-13-2022, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Cheapest I have seen VS stone is 18k. Which means you should go grind more plat. What’s the deal with your guild and getting VSR? It takes 2 60 enchanters, a 60 tank and some dps if everyone is disciplined. Swiftwind will improve your gameplay much more than any other item you’ve mentioned.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

if you ranger is lvl 49 already, then you can def dump the venom axe. also the frostbringer is no good to you, its best as a agro weapon.... rangers dont want agro in a raid setting and in a group setting you have flame lick to hold agro, so no point. do everything you can to get the offhand ranger which you will never take off. for your main hand you need a non-agro weapon and eventually earthcaller (thatll be expensive). until then, you either want swiftblade of zek or crafted velium warsword.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheapest I have seen VS stone is 18k. Which means you should go grind more plat. What’s the deal with your guild and getting VSR? It takes 2 60 enchanters, a 60 tank and some dps if everyone is disciplined. Swiftwind will improve your gameplay much more than any other item you’ve mentioned.
I'm not in a guild, that's the thing. I haven't found one yet.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Thought you were in Axiom?
Old 04-13-2022, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thought you were in Axiom?
They removed me for inactivity. I hadn't played for over a year, not since my old computer died and I had to replace it. I didn't get P99 up and running again until roughly a month ago.

I'm going to make a new thread seeking another guild soon, I'm just trying to figure out the criteria for what I'm looking for, what my goals are, and my future plans.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

meh. why bother when you cn just buy staff of btattle and save all your plat for a BIS weapon/haste in the future?