Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-30-2022, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That'd be irrelevant in my case; out of personal preference I completely refuse to use that tactic; I regard it as something of an exploit. That is not a knock on the folks who use it--it's been known by the P99 staff long enough that it has defacto official sanction since they've neither commented nor altered it. I'm just doing stuff for fun rather than "efficiency" and I don't have as much fun when I feel like I'm being cheap.
If you aren't using the water then yeah pet isn't as good, since it get's AoE'ed a lot and ends up dying.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did a video using your "expert" strategy of using Bane and Pox in a WW Dragon fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-PCJ4tCII
Yet again showing what a bad player you are. YOUR PET ISN'T EVEN UP WHEN YOU START THE FIGHT, YOU CAST IT MID-COMBAT. Absolutely atrocious. You also don't properly position the pet to always attack from behind.

You aren't using the max resist debuff, you still don't keep Torpor up properly throughout the entire fight (and at times you actually overwrite it too quickly now), and you don't maintain the DoT's properly.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet again showing what a bad player you are. YOUR PET ISN'T EVEN UP WHEN YOU START THE FIGHT, YOU CAST IT MID-COMBAT. Absolutely atrocious. You also don't properly position the pet to always attack from behind.

You aren't using the max resist debuff, you still don't keep Torpor up properly throughout the entire fight (and at times you actually overwrite it too quickly now), and you don't maintain the DoT's properly.
Again, such a bad take that shows nothing but a lack of knowledge. I am KoS to Dragons, so I need to be invis when setting up pulls. Since you seem to know so little about Everquest, you probably don't know that you cannot have a pet up while invis.

I guess you also don't know about the water trick lol, or push mechanics. You don't want your pet attacking from behind, because it pushes the dragon out of the water. Keeping the dragon in the water stops the dragon from AoEing you.

I don't need to waste mana casting the better debuff, the resist rate with Malo is low enough. You can get bad resist strings even with Malosini.

You have no evidence to back up how you think Torporing works, or mana management on a Shaman.

I have videos disproving your terrible takes. You just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself. You claim to be some kind of power gamer, but you are honestly just a silly noob. It's ok to admit you are a noob. Then you can learn how to play[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-31-2022 at 04:21 AM..
Old 08-01-2022, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you also don't know about the water trick lol, or push mechanics. You don't want your pet attacking from behind, because it pushes the dragon out of the water. Keeping the dragon in the water stops the dragon from AoEing you.
The guy plays on red, we aren't allowed to cheese mobs in the water there.
For a guy who bills himself as a top tier player you are showing some very average gameplay. I'm not sure if you are either distracted or playing with one hand, you are a clicker. Learn to use alt1-8 and it will improve your gameplay.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuvy The Destroyer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy plays on red, we aren't allowed to cheese mobs in the water there.
For a guy who bills himself as a top tier player you are showing some very average gameplay. I'm not sure if you are either distracted or playing with one hand, you are a clicker. Learn to use alt1-8 and it will improve your gameplay.
I never billed myself as a top tier player.

The point of my videos has never been to show top tier "1337" gaming. I am being lazy, and not even using Gina lol. The point of these videos is to show players how the game works. Most people do not have Torpor Shamans, so it can be difficult to imagine how they work just by reading text blocks. I can tell you though that even if I went super hard, I wouldn't save much time on a WW Dragon fight. Since the fights take so long, saving a minute or maybe two isn't going to increase my kills per hour, unless I am playing like 10 hours in a day (which I do not). If you can kill 3 Dragons an hour due to each one taking 20 minutes, you are still only killing 3 per hour if you reduce the time to 18 minutes per kill. Even playing 2 hours straight you would still only average 6 kills. I usually do not spend more than 2 hours a day killing WW dragons.

So I see no point in going that hard, because it's a lot of extra effort for zero reward. If you can show a video of yourself doing WW Dragons considerably faster, I would love to see it so I can learn.

However, I am not sure why you think my videos show "average" gamplay. It is easy to criticize, but you need to show what you think is "above average". Otherwise it is just all talk. We need something to compare my playstyle to. I think a lot of people watching these videos don't realize things have cooldowns, spells fizzle, and your spells can be interrupted. Watching often feels slower because you aren't feeling the fact that pressing buttons don't always yield the desired updates such as the spell being cast. This isn't a twitch game by any means lol.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-01-2022 at 01:29 PM..
Old 08-01-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I never billed myself as a top tier player.

The point of my videos has never been to show top tier "1337" gaming. I am being lazy, and not even using Gina lol. The point is to show how the game works. I can tell you though that even if I went super hard, I wouldn't save much time on a WW Dragon fight. Since the fights take so long, saving a minute or maybe two isn't going to increase my kills per hour, unless I am playing like 10 hours in a day. So I see no point in going that hard, because it's a lot of extra effort for zero reward. If you can show a video of yourself doing WW Dragons considerably faster, I would love to see it so I can learn.

However, I am not sure why you think it is so "average". It is easy to criticize, but you need to show what you think is "above average". Otherwise it is just all talk.
imagine using exploits yikes, we get it you play a shm.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine using exploits yikes, we get it you play a shm.
More nonsense. Stick to living in RnF please.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
More nonsense. Stick to living in RnF please.
Sorry you like to exploit this game, you are pure yikes. Please tell us more about how you cheat in videos.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you like to exploit this game, you are pure yikes. Please tell us more about how you cheat in videos.
It's not an exploit, as the dev's do not punish people for it. Same with things like the gnome "wall hack". Sorry you don't know how to play the game within the rules.

You always love to be the one with the last reply. Sorry you're such a sperg.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's not an exploit, as the dev's do not punish people for it. Same with things like the gnome "wall hack". Sorry you don't know how to play the game within the rules.

You always love to be the one with the last reply. Sorry you're such a sperg.
Sorry you love to cheat, you cant spin that.