Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-09-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

It would be cool if once every 3 months each active guild could spawn an instance of one zone of their choice (only one zone) and have a few days before it closed to do whatever they wanted in there. I dunno maybe cut the loot drop rate in half for said instance.

That way guilds could work on their tactics and have a guaranteed chance at something without having to lick walls and toxically race/“compete” to at least have the experience.

Before I joined Azure Guard I mostly just wanted to experience the content. Loot was secondary.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2022, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be cool if once every 3 months each active guild could spawn an instance of one zone of their choice (only one zone) and have a few days before it closed to do whatever they wanted in there. I dunno maybe cut the loot drop rate in half for said instance.

That way guilds could work on their tactics and have a guaranteed chance at something without having to lick walls and toxically race/“compete” to at least have the experience.

Before I joined Azure Guard I mostly just wanted to experience the content. Loot was secondary.
You mean draft? Folks get unlimited tries then and about to get more
Old 08-09-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

I am not actively raiding right now so I have idea what kind of fucked up rules guilds/staff have drafted up these days.

Raiding on p99 has always been a dumpster fire.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2022, 01:55 PM
Large Rat

time to get good maybe
Old 08-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Yes they have the draft where they get all the time in the world to kill mob /nod.

But in my opinion they really need to quit begging for freebies and Learn to train up, get some quad mages, yolo it every now and then.

It is a lot more rewarding when you win the dragon verse just single pull everything and trivialize the content. A slowed dragon with zero adds to kite is just kinda meh...

I love fast engages, sure I eat a few wort pots trying to stay alive but God it is a rush and so fun when you pull it off.

I do think shorter windows would be nice though cause the 16 - 24 hour windows are just a bit much.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Still voting for bronze armor, screaming mace. Handcrafted kite shield. Player made bow. And belt pouches full of bandages.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes they have the draft where they get all the time in the world to kill mob /nod.

But in my opinion they really need to quit begging for freebies and Learn to train up, get some quad mages, yolo it every now and then.

It is a lot more rewarding when you win the dragon verse just single pull everything and trivialize the content. A slowed dragon with zero adds to kite is just kinda meh...

I love fast engages, sure I eat a few wort pots trying to stay alive but God it is a rush and so fun when you pull it off.

I do think shorter windows would be nice though cause the 16 - 24 hour windows are just a bit much.
I mean, you're basically saying the made-up P99 game is more fun than the actual game of EverQuest there.

Not making judgments (everyone should play whatever game is fun for them), but I just find it amusing that we're all ostensibly here to play the 20-plus-year old game, and you're basically like "fuck that game, it's boring."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, you're basically saying the made-up P99 game is more fun than the actual game of EverQuest there.

Not making judgments (everyone should play whatever game is fun for them), but I just find it amusing that we're all ostensibly here to play the 20-plus-year old game, and you're basically like "fuck that game, it's boring."
Ya I guess so, I mean the rush for the dragons and giants and doing it all under pressure is a blast.

Seriously how old would it get just waiting in soup kitchen line for a trival fight? This server would be so dead lol. Gear wouldn't matter at all, at least with instant engages that extra hp matters, have fraps of me hitting 3% and wort potting like crazy till ch landed, that is fun and heart racing!!

I really love the new meta, especially where they did away with zone pulling in kael, fighting the Giants in their own areas is awesome! Especially KT, that fight is crazy fun now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just wish the casual guilds would be happy with their quartly free mobs and use that time to learn the meta, practice, have fun and compete on the next cycle /nod

Might not get everything everytime but guarantee if they actually tried, would find it's not as hard as it looks and is crazy fun / rewarding.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I guess so, I mean the rush for the dragons and giants and doing it all under pressure is a blast.

Seriously how old would it get just waiting in soup kitchen line for a trival fight? This server would be so dead lol. Gear wouldn't matter at all, at least with instant engages that extra hp matters, have fraps of me hitting 3% and wort potting like crazy till ch landed, that is fun and heart racing!!

I really love the new meta, especially where they did away with zone pulling in kael, fighting the Giants in their own areas is awesome! Especially KT, that fight is crazy fun now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just wish the casual guilds would be happy with their quartly free mobs and use that time to learn the meta, practice, have fun and compete on the next cycle /nod

Might not get everything everytime but guarantee if they actually tried, would find it's not as hard as it looks and is crazy fun / rewarding.
Gear doesn't matter at all, you are right. It was done in Kunark gear. Sorry you weren't there, enjoy the welfare pixels.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I understand what you're saying: competitive raiding is a fun thing on its own. I'm in Kingdom on Green, and when we beat Seal Team to something it's definitely a rush.

And again, I think people should play whatever game is fun for them, so even if I didn't like competitive raidng, I wouldn't fault you for it!

It's just that ... just because people don't want to play that made-up game, of competitive P99 raiding, I don't think they shouldn't be faulted for still wanting to play the (classic) game of EverQuest raiding.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.