Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbadger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were a bunch of level 1 alts in freeport selling junk before. Its no different.
Yeah, I don't see any difference between the old crowd in NFP and the new crowd in the EC tunnel. Same names, same alts, same mains.

On average, there appear to be a lot more people in EC tunnel though.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

By the way there were 91 people in EC last night.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbadger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were a bunch of level 1 alts in freeport selling junk before. Its no different.
thats what im going to be doing, takes too long to move from a camp i have my mage parked at.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBladeImmortal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I joined up knowing this was going to be a classic server, I understand that things like boats might not be possible to make, but not having global ooc/auction that has to be the EASIEST thing to prevent or turn off.

So after months and months they turn it off, now claiming it's suddenly become classic?

HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE HERE. SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT MAN!!!

1+1=4?

It's been on for a reason you know.

To say hello, to ask questions, to exp, to group, to quest, to tradeskill, to sell, to buy, to chat, to have fun, to feel alive, to feel welcome, well pretty much everything that boost everquests gameplay, yet you take ALL that way just to be able to sit under a torch in a tunnel and feel good about old memories?

/ponders that's all

I'm actually trying real hard to find anything positive about this change.
you still here?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you still here?
I'm glad they ban morons like that.

Too many stupid people go unpunished.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

its classic and I'm loving it.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Aviak

This is seriously amazing. Thank you, Rogean, for keeping it classic. I still can't believe the vote was as close as it was.

BTW - Hi Ellena (You're like the focus of attention in Rogean's screenshot) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ohheyyy! I didn't even notice that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. love the EC tunnel being back!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Banned

Its Elle!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783
http://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/2...y-dd-campaign/

"How do you think it would feel if ten years from now, your EverQuest character was on the cover of one of the most successful games of all time? For Tony Garcia, the scenario posed by this question is a reality. Better known in the community as Vhalen, one of his characters from his childhood D&D campaign was Lucan D’Lere himself. What’s more, many locations from the world we call Norrath, was directly inspired by that same campaign."

"ZAM: Let’s jump into something that most players don’t know anything about: your D&D campaign growing up. We’ve been told, by an inside source, that it actually played a role in the creation of EverQuest and EverQuest II lore. Can you elaborate?

Tony: It was when I first started working at 989 that I delved through the foundation lore and found it quite interesting to discover that a number of the locations and personalities were quite familiar to me. Sprinkled all throughout the world were parts of a few D&D campaigns that we ran during Junior High and up. Notable names like Mayong, Lucan and Opal were there as well as more obscure ones such as Father Estle, Beek Guinders and Zazoo. They, along with numerous others, brought back great memories that could not ever be revisited. But here they were, immortalized in a new world where some would take prominent roles and have a chance to face the challenges of hundreds of thousands of pc gamers. Some of the relationships and events from our pen and paper days would inspire Norrathian events. Included among them was the never revealed link between _a_o_ ___t__o__ and __c__ ___e__."

At the very least they were DnD gamers at some point.
That's very cool that you found that. Through my experience in EQ starting in 1999, I always felt the D&D influence. But this really nails my point on the head.
That's totally my website <3
Closed Thread