Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Exclamation When looting another player's corpse, you can't look though their items

On live I liked to take pictures of my looting their corpses as my killshots, and if they had a really uber item or two I'd right click them to show that I was cool enough to kill someone with a manastone or whatever. But here we can't even look at the gear on the corpse; what's up with that?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Banned

yep shits not classic and sux asss
Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Kobold

This would be cool if implemented.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

This is a custom project. Working as intended.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live I liked to take pictures of my looting their corpses as my killshots, and if they had a really uber item or two I'd right click them to show that I was cool enough to kill someone with a manastone or whatever.

damn son, big dreams
Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Id imagine it can be done, just a lot of work. Hopefully bog can force classic UI one day
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id imagine it can be done, just a lot of work. Hopefully bog can force classic UI one day
We don't need classic UI to do this; it should just bring up the items on their corpse like it does for any NPC. Worked in classic, worked in PoP, and probably works now on live Zek server.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

No no, I know it's not needed to bring up the items, just saying in general I hope they can force classic UI heh

Sorry to derail
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

I am guessing they have a customized (or out of date) PlayerCorpse.cpp.

With the latest version of source, I was able to get loot window to appear by adding one line to Corpse::MakeLootRequestPackets()

Code:
	else if(GetPKItem() == -1 && CanMobLoot(client->CharacterID())) { tCanLoot = 3; } //pvp loot all items, variable cash
	else if(GetPKItem() == 1 && CanMobLoot(client->CharacterID())) { tCanLoot = 4; } //pvp loot 1 item, variable cash
	else if(GetPKItem() > 1 && CanMobLoot(client->CharacterID())) { tCanLoot = 5; } //pvp loot 1 set item, variable cash
	else if (lootcoin) { tCanLoot = 6; } // Added by Alecta, just cash, no items.
Adding that bottom line will let the code fall through the checks to generate the ItemPacketLoot but since GetPKItem()==0 you can't actually loot anything in Corpse::LootItem().

If a developer wouldnt mind providing me with the P1999 PlayerCorpse.cpp, I could diff it up and see what's going on.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the latest version of source, I was able to get loot window to appear by adding one line to Corpse::MakeLootRequestPackets()
I agree, not hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a developer wouldnt mind providing me with the P1999 PlayerCorpse.cpp, I could diff it up and see what's going on.
Goodluck with that
Closed Thread