Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation TME

I never see you guys anymore; where did you go? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We miss you! Stop wasting time on blue imo, there's real competition to be had :P
Old 05-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Fire Giant

Bump; any bluebies better than Harrison, or is the average just that shit? :/
Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Red must really be booming if we have red chars over here trying to recruit every single day.

Let me give up my years investment here to play on a dead server...yeah....fun

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

been busy getting blue arsenal ready for velious, a few playing the sleeper - we'll be back soon
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

fuckin bluesbies
Old 05-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Faerie would you care for a friendly 1v1?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red must really be booming if we have red chars over here trying to recruit every single day.

Let me give up my years investment here to play on a dead server...yeah....fun
You don't have to give up on blue to play red; you can even play both at the same time! It's like legal boxing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faerie would you care for a friendly 1v1?
Sure, once I find my corpse and stuff. I don't expect to win, because playing bard is like cheating (I was bard on live), but bring it on!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Faerie you are a paradox. You are the main reason I would want to go red, but you are also the main reason I want to stay the hell away from red. I see you valiantly fighting corruption with kindness, making your way to the top and treating everyone equally and I think that looks like fun. Then I see like four posts of you being camped the fuck out and downleveling 3 times a day, and I think yeah fucking right. I tried red once a few weeks ago. Tried it with three different classes and starting points. Got griefed out on all three within the second day. If blue dies in a fire tonight, I'll quit EQ before I go red.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbrand01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll never get blue for a variety of reasons I'll expound on which I'm sure will be met with with ire and angst.

1) PVE is not difficult. This is 14 year old content, we know everything about the game now. The mobs have 32khp and there's no raid cap it's a question of having X amount of people there.

2) Even if the first play through is fun to re-experience things, it gets old quick. It's not truly classic due to the incredible mudflation attributed to the duration of Kunark. You can get epiced at level 1 via MQ's tons of gear that never existed in this quantity during live etc.

3) The raid scene on blue is awful due to variance + TMO's huge force able to log on enough people @ a moment's notice + poopsocking. How is that any fun to people to have basically nothing in your control to compete?

4) This is no longer current so the drive to be the "first" to conquer content no longer exists.

On red, you control your own destiny. You want mob X? You can kill the other people trying to get it. You want to camp a fungi but some guy has been there for 72 hours farming them? Oh well for him go kill him. You get to do what you want to do.

A lot of people point to the culture of red, the people there, etc. However, the forums aren't identical to the reality of red, plus I don't buy that argument. If enough people came, even a guild or two they could reshape it easily. With the removal of exp loss on pvp death the desire for people to "grief" will vanish greatly, and if you die it's just /shrug go back @ it. It's easy to transfer blue to red and shit and get geared up quick on red as well, rogue epics dirt cheap, etc.

Velious PVP is amazing with factions etc., you can do a lot of damage in small numbers to the other guilds. To me, that is the pinnacle of EQ fighting other guilds for raid targets, using faction to your advantage etc. To others, it will be watching TMO get every single target in Velious with few exceptions as they sit in vain collecting no pixels and doing a whole lot of AFK sitting @ raid targets for days waiting for them to pop. For me, that's not exciting nor is it even playing this game. /shrug.
Although I agree with you on a lot of things here, I still don't ever see myself retrying red. I'm not one to easily give up when the going gets tough, but it just seems like the attitude of red is a very destructive one. I met one nice (as in he didn't try to kill me right away) person and the rest were twinked out noob killers. Those were my first three impressions and they sealed the deal.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbrand01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would not recommend starting solo on red to almost anyone tbh. However, coming with a crew or a guild is what I'm advocating. Imagine if FE could kill TMO or vice versa, wouldn't that be a lot more fun that what it is now?
It would be cool until both sides tripled the "HACKER" calls. Then there would be even more cat fights everytime someone breathes.
Closed Thread