Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I struggled with my high elf pally at first trying to forced her into a stereotypical archetype, but then I said fuck this and decided she was orphaned and adopted by the Warriors guild of kaladim. So now she's a tough-as-nails pretty little elf with a mouth like a drunken dwarf and attachment/abandonment issues.
Sounds like the Nybright sisters or the Parlone family [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Good characters are usually easier to play/write for if you give them some flaw that makes them seem more interesting/dimensional. Like how Sneaksy steals everything and Filbus was a roaving drunk/Grumphildalizer. The characters are good intentioned, just not perfect. Their flaws which make us laugh are what give the character life. Maybe a paladin with a dark secret?

Personally i RP my iksar as neutral, but hes got a convuluted back story. I treat all other races as inferior, obviously, but have managed to not hold complete contempt for some. Humans are dogs though... and gnomes a scourge upon Norrath

Anyway, i also know some who wanted to RP lawful good so they had a friend who played as evil. The interactions and dialogues were good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Kobold

So does a RP Iksar Shadow knight get a Rez, ever? This would be a tough pill to swallow. Possibly from a DEF CLR, if one were on within xp Rez window.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So does a RP Iksar Shadow knight get a Rez, ever? This would be a tough pill to swallow. Possibly from a DEF CLR, if one were on within xp Rez window.
I do t see why not. I mean if I were a nasty evil, I'd probably actively seek to undermine the resolve of goods. Tricking them into resurrecting me would be a good exploitation of my enemies' power. I'd probably do it to anyone to be honest. And then after I'd caused them to break faith with their gods, I'd come to them In their pall of misery and issue upon them them great reward. I'd invite them to watch as I flayed they babies, but not without mercy! Nay, I would permit them to end the torment of their little one at anytime by eating a meal of baby and tubers and sweet gravies (prepared by me of course). Only after they finished eating and I was supposed to stop I would reveal it was all an illusion, a vision of the past and they babies were already dead and in they tummy! Ohooohohohoho!! ψ(`∇´)ψ
Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good characters are usually easier to play/write for if you give them some flaw that makes them seem more interesting/dimensional.
Yea, I really like the characters that are striving for something (especially things that are more impossible).

Like a necromancer who thinks she is a cleric and whose pet was a fellow adventurer that died early on whom she tried to revive too early. Thus beginning a quest to grow stronger and revive her friend all the way!!

Or a paladin that dreams of being a great cleric.....so heals more and tries to do everything she can to make up for not being as talented in magic.

Or a cleric that dreams of being a great paladin and goes toe to toe with enemies building up her armor and weapons.

Or shadowknight who wants to be a ranger / archer so runs around using a bow.

Or a ranger that wants to be the best archer! Even though people say archery is impossible to rely on.

Or a magician trying to be a rogue....who has such an unconscious connection with the elements that the air around her tries to protect her and she ends up favoring throwing daggers over getting too close.

These types aren't just the most fun to RP, but also the most fun to play!! Because it mixes the challenge of game mechanics with RP struggle to overcome adversity.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or shadowknight who wants to be a ranger / archer so runs around using a bow.
Can't say my SHD wants to be a ranger, but she definitely carries a bow! May not do much damage, but it's fun to use to pull now and again.

And babies? Yuck! Braised Gnome taste better with a nice kiola to wash it down. Plus, any loot found in the skirmish! Haha!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't say my SHD wants to be a ranger, but she definitely carries a bow! May not do much damage, but it's fun to use to pull now and again.
Shadow archers are powerful!! Especially if you have a good bow. It lets you take down WAYYY overconned things.

Skill maxes low, but you can use your attack tap (and str tap) spells to make up a bit of that.....plus you can snare them and use your pet to do steady damage as you kite it around.

My 22 SK was killing level 30-35 things in overthere casually for exps like that (the stuff outside of the skyfire zone).
Old 01-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Always good from pulling from the KC moat ^^
Old 01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadow archers are powerful!! Especially if you have a good bow. It lets you take down WAYYY overconned things.

Skill maxes low, but you can use your attack tap (and str tap) spells to make up a bit of that.....plus you can snare them and use your pet to do steady damage as you kite it around.

My 22 SK was killing level 30-35 things in overthere casually for exps like that (the stuff outside of the skyfire zone).
Wow! That's awesome. Shaadoe has a runed wood bow. She hasn't done any personal fletching. Need to get those skills up! She's heading to Oasis to chop crocs to get 2HS up. She favors a shield for obvious reasons.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
These types aren't just the most fun to RP, but also the most fun to play!! Because it mixes the challenge of game mechanics with RP struggle to overcome adversity.

This was my original motivation for maxing all factions.
Closed Thread