Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Default The Seconds Sons Present The Game of DISCORD'S! 15,000 PP Reward!

The Seconds Sons Present The Game of DISCORDS! 15,000 PP Reward!

On Monday the 12th, The Second Sons will be hosting a Server Wide Event! Filled with action, friendship, betrayal and death! The Game of Discords will test your decision making and combat abilities! Will you succeed by forming an alliance, or perhaps by breaking one? Who will be the last man standing to claim sole ownership of King! What friends will you betray to get to there? Who will be there to guide you along your journey? Will you rush to Level, form an alliance, or quest for treasures?

What exactly is the Game of Discords?
It is a Free For all server wide event held by The Second Sons. It is an hour long race starting at the Gates in Qeynos and ending in FREE FOR ALL PVP MATCH! Last man standing will Receive 15,000 pp!

How do I start?
Make a level one character of any class and race you choose. ( We highly suggest using a Game of Thrones themed name ) Get this toon bound near the gate of Qeynos. Turn in your book of discord.

What can I do on or with the toon before the race start?
You CAN: Get them ported to Qeynos and bound Near the Gate. Turn in your book of Discord. Get them bag/containers. Get them there spells UP TO LEVEL 14.
You CAN NOT: Get them any equipment. Level them to level 2. Give them any consumables. Get them buffed at all. Give them any PP. Give them spells PAST LEVEL 14.

What zones will the race be in?
The race will be limited to Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, BlackBurrow.

What stuff can I loot on my toon?
Anything that drops from the 3 zones your allowed in. Anything you can purchase in these 3 zones.

What Quests can I do?
Any quests from these 3 zones. The Second Sons will also be setting up Unique quests to get some neat items. There will players tagged <the Second Sons> in all 3 zones with Quest dialogue. These quests will be designed to give you an item that will give you a slight advantage but also take up some of your time.

Can I team up, form an alliance with other players?
Yes you can! You also can break that alliance whenever u want !

Can I kill people during the 1 hour level up time?
No.

When does it start?
6 PM CST Monday the 12. We will start binding people, helping port and rez in Qeynos. The Hour long experience/equipment race will start at 8:15 CST Sharp. We will round people up at 9:15 and Organzide for the PVP fight at 9:30. The Fight will start at Approxiametely 10 PM CST!

What is the prize?
15,000 PP provided by The Second Sons.

What will win the fight? Just pure level? Equipment? An alliance? The right Class? There will be a Discord Server Set up for Everyone to join to keep up on the action. There will be Voice Channels set up with a max of 4 people allowed so that Alliances can be made, and broken! Join the Discord and change your Nickname to your level 1 toon.

I am Doing all of this out of our own time and money. The point of this is to have fun! Our guild motto in The Second Sons is Friendship and Pride, and I expect to see every person who joins regardless of Guild Tag or Main, to show respect for the heart and the rules of the game. If everyone follows the rules and play in good heart, this should be super fun! Hope to see you guys there and I will be setting up the discord and answering question until then! discord.gg/cbqkdN
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Last edited by Khaall Drogo; 02-07-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Old 02-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Banned

Really cool =-)
Old 02-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

yeah i foresee lots of easy opportunities to cheat
Old 02-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Banned

Let the pre-event Fang farming commence~!
Old 02-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let the pre-event Fang farming commence~!
Will have people at all appropriate places, And will be very glad to DQ anyone who even remotely looks to be abusing turn ins. Will be watching who's killing in BB and who's turning in. Again kept the prize low here cause this is for fun! The spirit of the event is to Legit race from 1 and Decide if u should Farm, group, do our unique quests. Its more about the journey here boys.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Banned

You need to flat out state "Do not pre-farm fangs" or else you will have level 14 characters within 10 minutes of the event starting.

Also need to make it abundantly clear that selling items to a vendor in the zone (like, IDK a T Staff?) and then loading your dude up with gems to sell for plat is not OK

And by pre-farm I mean a level 60 Bard pulling the entire zone and the level 1 looting the fangs and waiting until the event starts.

Also being 1 kill away from level 2 doesn't hurt but I guess doesn't help a ton
Last edited by Spyder73; 02-07-2018 at 03:34 PM..
Old 02-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

You can't level past level 1, but you can buy spells up to level 14?

I'm confused.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm confused.
You have 1 hour to level after the event starts, so theoretically all you should be able to level to is maybe like 5, but with Fang exploits or potential powerleveling you could circumvent this and reach 14 within an hour I am sure.

Example is Bard powerleveling - technically its not 'buffing' your guy since it operates off snare agro and damage shield. Bard is doing '0' damage but the mob is wrecking itself on the damage shield and not attacking you, you do 1 point of damage you get full XP. This breaks the spirit of the rule but not really the letter of the law
Last edited by Spyder73; 02-07-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 02-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to flat out state "Do not pre-farm fangs" or else you will have level 14 characters within 10 minutes of the event starting.

Also need to make it abundantly clear that selling items to a vendor in the zone (like, IDK a T Staff?) and then loading your dude up with gems to sell for plat is not OK

And by pre-farm I mean a level 60 Bard pulling the entire zone and the level 1 looting the fangs and waiting until the event starts.

Also being 1 kill away from level 2 doesn't hurt but I guess doesn't help a ton
I will have a Unique Quest giver next to the Fang turn in... You start turning in fangs and my officer didnt see u in BB killing... DQ'd. You turned in an obscene amount of Quest items? DQ'd. you show up to the fight and u got an ITEM NOT OBTAINED from the 3 zones, or one of our quests. DQ'd. You get Plvled by someone or even group with someone not in a Red name. DQ'd.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm confused.
SPELLS and containers are the ONLY THING TO BE GIVEN TO YOUR TOON. The point is some people may want to bring a Iksar necro... But being limited to 3 zones... The point is entirely to keep an even playing field not give someone and advantage.

The 3 zone limit is to allow me and my officers to Keep track of everything that is going on.
Closed Thread