Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default 50's SK Gear Advice

So I've come back to my SK twink after taking a break, and he's still mostly in classic gear. Green Magelo Link

I'm not sure where to go with gear. I mostly solo, doing a lot of fear kiting, so I haven't been too concerned about maxing my HPs. My instinct is to try and pick up a Narandi Crown and maybe max my STR to speed things up (though this may require going to Sky, yuck). I have up to 100k to blow, but would rather do something more modest around 20-30k, unless there's a large power bump involved—thing's like epic, blood ember legs, eyepatch of plunder, etc. come to mind.

I theoretically have access to raid loot via my other chars, but I'm trying not to burn myself out immediately after coming back to the game, hence the derping around on the SK. So, some easy to attain raid pieces may be doable, but nothing more competitive. I've been eyeing a Soul Defiler, for example.

Obviously, if I'm just grouping this gear is mostly good enough, but I need some sort of direction to keep me interested other than grinding for grinding's sake.

Any suggestions welcome.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

My blue SK is geared something like this:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Nareik

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-08-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...if I'm just grouping this gear is mostly good enough...
Fungus twink with plane of air items is a little past "mostly good enough" for normal experience group stuff.

I don't think you need equipment advice. You either already have or are well aware of the big-ticket items. Rather you're running into the level range where melee twinks start to run out of steam and can't effortlessly hack their way through Norrath anymore. It is not for no reason a bunch quit around the high 40's/low 50's range; for a long time I used to pretty regularly see shadow knights in particular in that level range being parted out and sold in EC. If you have multiple other raid-ready characters than you know what level 50+ EQ entails and if you don't want to do that push again then it's time to start planning your next character.

Danth
Old 12-08-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to increase your solo speed, improve your mana regen. Since you have Fungi and you are a Troll,
you already have good HP regen. That means Crown of Narandi, Shawl 7, and Blood Ember Greaves. Those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Eyepatch is a nice item, but I haven't seen a huge DPS increase with it, and I have https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient...ched_Flamberge .

You could certainly boost your stats quite a bit since most of your items are quite basic, and that should give you some improvements as well if you upgrade enough pieces.

As a fellow Troll SK, you can look at my Magelo in my Sig to get ideas on what to fill your other slots with.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-08-2021 at 06:45 PM..
Old 12-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the Magelo's. It's good food for thought. To start, I will work on the mana regen and copy some of yall's accessory slots. Thankfully, shawl should be in game on Green now.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Aye, narandi crown prob #1 for your to-get list.

Just find some shaman friends. Duo.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungus twink with plane of air items is a little past "mostly good enough" for normal experience group stuff.

I don't think you need equipment advice. You either already have or are well aware of the big-ticket items.

Danth
Old 12-10-2021, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Where is good place at lvl 51 SK to solo grind
Old 12-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
City Guards are good until 55. Butcherblock Mountain guards by the various guard shacks and Felwithe guards (fear kite them so they don't heal) are great for xp and money.

Charasis is good XP too (plus you can use your undead spells), but I am thinking 51 may be a little low. It is better when you are 55+.

I can't remember exactly when Crystal Cavern Geos green out, but those are pretty good in the 40s and maybe low 50s range.

Killing trash in Dreadlands is a pretty classic way to go. Not great xp and money, but it is a very good place for easy fear kiting if you pull to Karnor's Castle.

Wakening Land Goos are great too. They are a great source of XP + Cash until 56 at least, and they are pretty easy for Velious mobs.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 3 barb guards in everfrost. Can’t beat it, good until 55. Decent noob zem now too.
Closed Thread