Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't know you did work for the green client jib that's awesome. I love the marble\stone bags
thanks! I really got the bags working less than 24 hours before launch. If you notice, they should say inventory, but I didnt have time to quality assure them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] my mistake..

UNPLAYABLE THE UI IS TRASH! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2022, 02:50 PM
Banned

I honestly do like it and would choose to use it even if we could use custom UIs. I've never liked using custom UIs for p99 it just feels like sacrilege
Old 01-19-2022, 04:45 PM
Orc

Is there a way to play with the super old ui where you can barely see anything? I would love to try it.

I see it as like fixed camera angles in resident evil or something. The less you can see the more is left up to imagination etc.

People want to be hand fed milkies these days
Old 01-19-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

consider blue
Old 01-19-2022, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnycool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to play with the super old ui where you can barely see anything? I would love to try it.

I see it as like fixed camera angles in resident evil or something. The less you can see the more is left up to imagination etc.

You could just press f10 to get out of that UI, from day 1 of classic everquest.

That UI was a terrible mistake. I mean quake 1 came out 3 years before everquest launched, gamers were not gonna put up with some insanely gigantic UI that you couldn't turn off in any first person game.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnycool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the closest you can get is by creating a bunch of custom backgrounds and manually moving the windows around on your PC and like, creating tiles almost.. its technically possible and some folks have made them for live, but if you change your resolution all the windows move around and its all fubar looking and there is no default seting that just works, so every player would load into green and like see a bunch of random windows and be expected to like put it together themselves.

like ooloo says the UI you basically see now was available before velious so its about as classic as we can get with titaniums UI. the real major difference is that stupid window with all the hotkeys and stuff, that never existed in live and there isnt much they leave open to edit with their UI scripting tools, so I basically just tried to make it look as minimal and fit the classic look as possible. Because of the way it works, I was not able to like do the origional buttons like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

because it doesnt map specific buttons, it just uses a generic background for all the hotbuttons, and then uses hardcoded text font on top of it instead now.. we tried hard to figure out some kind of hack to get it to work but couldnt. I also couldnt get empty inventory tiles to work for the same reason, came close, got empty spell gems working though, for some reason that one worked.. kind of.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-19-2022 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-19-2022, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you really have nothing better to do than create a boring troll post about the UI just to try and annoy everyone?

FYI for anyone wondering: If the boxes are hard to see for you, you can change the color and opacity as well as the text color too I believe.
You annoy me.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i can feel the pet window pain

I was originally going to play a necromancer on launch but having to click back and forth

on my pet to the mob was driving me nuts
I don't understand the strong pet window feels. I mean yeah but not playing a class because of it? All the buttons are there, what is that you're missing the pet health? I have /pet health macrod to everything he reports his health all the time, idk. Never have to click on mobs or pet there's buttons for that too.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:45 AM
Banned

Ya green ui p good thx jib! Thumbs up! I got pretty used to it. Now I prefer it.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the strong pet window feels. I mean yeah but not playing a class because of it? All the buttons are there, what is that you're missing the pet health? I have /pet health macrod to everything he reports his health all the time, idk. Never have to click on mobs or pet there's buttons for that too.
Only time i use mouse is to right click mouselook when trying to strafe alongside kited mobs.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread