Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You shouldn't. You should stop being naive enough to believe they knew nothing about it. That's not a fact, it's an unfounded claim from a banned player. It is impossible to know whether or not a lot of these people knew. It's pretty likely that at least some of their pals knew what they were doing.
What facts do you have? GM's even said its likely most of the people are banned unfairly. I know what you want to BELIEVE. But its just belief.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people were complicit in exploiting, I would advocate permabanning them also. Nobody was, though. The non-exploiters who got hit the hardest were those I considered to be the most beyond reproach - they just happened to be the most trusting. I feel bad that some people are facing permabans for something they knew nothing about.
Kind of like how you advocated for a permaban when you got caught 2 boxing in LGuk? Oh, wait... Nm.
Fire Giant

Here is my question. The other accounts that were accessed by the cheaters and banned... did any cheating occur on those accounts or were they banned because the cheaters logged in on them? If cheating occurred on them they should be banned if cheating did not occur on them they shouldn't, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So cheater shit aside, how does jeremy/TMO feel about the raid etiquette every other guild has put forth for the next two weeks?
Its a pretty bad idea. It will work tho cause its for 2 weeks. That plan isnt a long-term solution in the slightest. Its just a PR stunt.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is my question. The other accounts that were accessed by the cheaters and banned... did any cheating occur on those accounts or were they banned because the cheaters logged in on them? If cheating occurred on them they should be banned if cheating did not occur on them they shouldn't, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were only a handful of accounts that were used to perform the exploit, however, the exploiters have logged into 106 different accounts in total.
Every account they've ever logged into was banned. Most were never exploited on.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of like how you advocated for a permaban when you got caught 2 boxing in LGuk? Oh, wait... Nm.
Never happened. I seem to remember you being deleveled though!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any account the 2 cheaters ever logged into were banned, based off of ip address alone. I'm willing to bet 95% of these accounts never had duping activity, they were just brought into this mess bc the offenders logged on at some point. It's going to come down to the number of times the offenders logged on, most accounts will be unbanned.

As far as the raid rules? Everything will be spilt by 2 guilds over time, and VP is carebear.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people were complicit in exploiting, I would advocate permabanning them also. Nobody was, though. The non-exploiters who got hit the hardest were those I considered to be the most beyond reproach - they just happened to be the most trusting. I feel bad that some people are facing permabans for something they knew nothing about.
Ignorance is no excuse.

See how much work your guild has created for the staff? The staff now has to go around investigating 86 accounts because your guild couldn't keep their info to themselves. Your guild has benefited massively from the ability to share accounts, and this is the risk associated with that strategy.

And still, there is no remorse from TMO except toward its own membership. Nothing to be sorry about except that you got caught. Only obstinate defiance.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Wake Eccezan up, his PR was more entertaining.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any account the 2 cheaters ever logged into were banned, based off of ip address alone. I'm willing to bet 95% of these accounts never had duping activity, they were just brought into this mess bc the offenders logged on at some point. It's going to come down to the number of times the offenders logged on, most accounts will be unbanned.

As far as the raid rules? Everything will be spilt by 2 guilds over time, and VP is carebear.
all they had to do was log into once to make sure the login/password was good before passing it on to the guild to use. Maybe sold them for pp/dkp, maybe gave the accounts away, who knows
Closed Thread