Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one of the worst events this server ever saw
What the stream?

Maybe u didnt like it but it makes for a hilarious 1 and a half hours of stream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

now, BACK TO PERMADEATH DISCUSSION [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want my pony :*)
Old 06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Perfect Permadeath ruleset for me

Milestone Levels where you reset to when you die every 10 or so. Have them STOP at 54 so getting to 55+ is still a huge accomplishment.

Gear is lost on death except for what you have banked.

No PvP

That's it. It would be amazing.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

This would be a lot of fun. People would take every camp seriously and the immersion levels would be off the fucking charts.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfect Permadeath ruleset for me

Milestone Levels where you reset to when you die every 10 or so. Have them STOP at 54 so getting to 55+ is still a huge accomplishment.

Gear is lost on death except for what you have banked.

No PvP

That's it. It would be amazing.
While obviously not permadeath (perma = permanent) this idea is amazing to me as well. Would definitely like to play with a bit more risk/reward in PVE such as what you suggested.

Not sure about the gear thing though. People wouldn't even wear their good gear they'd be so afraid of losing it. A big death penalty would be nice though, the "milestone" system like you said.

Really make PVE exciting. . . can you imagine what a raid wipe would do to a guild? Take everyone down 5 or 10 levels.. pretty nice incentive to play well.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one of the worst events this server ever saw
At least they tried. I don't think they anticipated the desyncs, and aside from that, it was pretty fun.

The events where everyone races somewhere are usually unfair to some players and trivia is a troll spam fest.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While obviously not permadeath (perma = permanent) this idea is amazing to me as well. Would definitely like to play with a bit more risk/reward in PVE such as what you suggested.

Not sure about the gear thing though. People wouldn't even wear their good gear they'd be so afraid of losing it. A big death penalty would be nice though, the "milestone" system like you said.

Really make PVE exciting. . . can you imagine what a raid wipe would do to a guild? Take everyone down 5 or 10 levels.. pretty nice incentive to play well.
Heh i guess what im after with the gear loss, is people using bronze armor and considering it top tear...

like ultra ultra ultra ultra hard mode hehe

That said, i would like to try anything one day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go big or go home.. the community would be so small XD
Old 06-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh i guess what im after with the gear loss, is people using bronze armor and considering it top tear...

like ultra ultra ultra ultra hard mode hehe

That said, i would like to try anything one day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go big or go home.. the community would be so small XD
I like where you're going with it, though having guaranteed gear loss on death would make camping nice things virtually pointless. I think a better idea might be to make corpse rots very fast, like 10-30 minutes. Bound too far away? Lose gear. Die deep inside a dungeon with no way to get body quickly? Lose gear. Die in a raid and the mobs repop before people can recover bodies? Lose gear.

Would make both dangerous camps and corpse recovery a very serious business. Necro's, Monks, Rogues and Mages (CoH) would be far more valuable for CR. Paladins way more common, too, because of LoH. Enchanter's would be auto-nerfed without changing any mechanics, due to being too scared to solo for fear of dying and poor CR. Gear would be way more valuable and less common. Players would have to consider every move they make.

I could go on forever with this fantasy though . . . and it's pointless, because there's a 0.01% chance it will ever happen that we'll get a server like this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be a lot of fun. People would take every camp seriously and the immersion levels would be off the fucking charts.
lol immersion

Quote:
0.01% chance it will ever happen that we'll get a server like this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being pretty generous aren't you?
Last edited by Xer0; 06-13-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Old 06-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Wtb permadeath server.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Secrets had a permadeath server. It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Closed Thread