Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-02-2023, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Sorry your shaman is "not important at all"
Old 08-02-2023, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Debates like these are silly. Group content is so trivial. An enc/cleric can basically kill anything. No warriors/knights etc needed.

Knights are way more fun to level. Warriors are cool if you’re going to Raid and form super groups. Not sure why this is a debate. Knights suck in raids and wars are OK in pugs if you have decent weps. If you just gonna do small man group stuff knights are better.

Best use I found for my warrior was pulling velks trains to zone in with disc.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I have 2 warriors which makes me the upmost authority on the class and I can confirm it sux
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-02-2023, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Debates like these are silly. Group content is so trivial. An enc/cleric can basically kill anything. No warriors/knights etc needed.

Knights are way more fun to level. Warriors are cool if you’re going to Raid and form super groups. Not sure why this is a debate. Knights suck in raids and wars are OK in pugs if you have decent weps. If you just gonna do small man group stuff knights are better.

Best use I found for my warrior was pulling velks trains to zone in with disc.
knights are pretty fun in raids these days tbh, they get to tank all the trash, all of kunark. with the clearing needed for inner ring they get lots of chance to.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:45 PM
Aviak

I'm offended over this criticism of warriors. I would say they are needy in the constant requests for buffs and ports, but all powerful in any group/raid setting once a mob is in camp for the dps and taunt. Multiple mobs in camp? Just taunt and aggro them all and pop evasive.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t think I’d get too offended. Warriors have the most hps and often the most AC in the game with defensive discs. Nothing to fend off “harsh critique” but it’s not like people rag on them like druids and rangers. That said, some of the most thin skinned players in EQ are ogre warriors.

Warriors are pretty limited when things hit the fan but so is anything single-purpose. The “just taunt everything” assumes a lot of things. Unless you somehow found a way to put AA’s in ae taunt that is.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

50/50 chance taunt will work
Pog
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-02-2023, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm offended over this criticism of warriors. I would say they are needy in the constant requests for buffs and ports, but all powerful in any group/raid setting once a mob is in camp for the dps and taunt. Multiple mobs in camp? Just taunt and aggro them all and pop evasive.
I get what your saying but if Seedy fought Loathsome and you got to watch your two characters go at it with all their might who'd win?

I think that's all everyone is getting at.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Imagine saying your class is good because you can pull 10 light blue mobs and tank them with evasion. As if any efficient exp group or item farm group is going to rely on that ability like their success depended on it.

Ive said it before with things like FSI, or discs, or any other stupid hyper situational focus people like to bring up to justify their class, race combo as being good:

Smart players base their decisions on abilities that are useful in 90% of their general gameplay activities. You dont optimize for the situations that youll encounter 20% of the time or less. Creating characters in a vaccuum is what inexperienced clowns do before being hard checked by the game by either being pidgeon holed into one thing only, or being out competed by a more generally useful class combo. That relegates you to the last option category, and unless youre completely honest with yourself, and the juice is worth the squeeze for the class fantasy youre trading your general playability for, you shouldnt go that route.

period.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 08-03-2023 at 08:38 AM..
Old 08-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Idk a lot of 50+ levelling is pulling 25 spiders and having a bard / cleric / wizard kite them down… that said maybe SK is better at that…

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung