Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Custom EQ Sounds!

Hail, everyone!

I've spent a lot of time using S3dSpy to import my own custom sounds. MOST of them are working great. (some sounds from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time are so perfect as replacements)

There are some important sounds that seem to REFUSE to update. No matter how hard I try. Two examples are:

1) The default cast sound for hp buff type spells
2) The default cast sound for summoning a pet (and levitation)

I've made sure they are all the same sample-rate. I've also tried making the replacement sounds MONO (as well as Stereo) and they still don't change.

Does anyone know of any hidden restrictions I'm not aware of? (file-size, length, bitrate, sample-rate, etc)

My only other guess is that these sound files (among others) may be hiding in a different .pfs file. (something other than snd2.pfs) However, I dug carefully several times and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I was hoping someone else out there has gotten their hands dirty with importing their own custom sounds and could give me whatever advice they have.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

i think some of the sounds are coded into the exe file. that or somewhere else...