Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Large Rat

Default Error 1017, has to be something with my network or my account

I have tried on two computers. First computer is an intel i5 at 3.2 GHz, radeon R9 280x, Windows 10 and 8.1 (tried both). Second is an AMD a6-3650 at 2.8 GHz with integrated graphics on windows xp pro sp2. Running on a tethered connection via PDAnet and Cricket wireless. Fresh install several times, using wineq, tried without wineq just setting cpu affinity and launching from eq titanium.bat. Tried using duxa's installer. Made sure the project 1999 files are copied over. No overclocking, both bios are up to date. I can connect to the other servers, including grand creation, just not Project 1999. At this point I'm thinking it's pdanet messing me up somehow, as I had Cricket last year and was able to play just fine, I had a rooted phone that allowed wifi tethering. Is there anything I could be missing? I did manage to login once, clean install on my i5, just setting the process affinity and duxa's installer, but have not been able to replicate it.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Large Rat

Well, played on EZserver for a while, now I'm able to consistently get to the character select on P1999. Didn't change anything. Booted back to login every time I enter world though. Back to the drawing board.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Large Rat

After a million tries I can get in sometimes, occasionally, only to crash when zoning and have to start all over again. I think it's time to throw in the towel.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Did you try a free VPN like Cyberghost to see if that lets you log in? Might narrow down the issue.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

There have been issues with ATnT and as cricket is a child company I'm not surprised you are having issues.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Large Rat

Cyberghost did the trick. I guess it has something to do with Cricket tethering then.