Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Default Tooltips over inventory slots - gone

Issue:
The item name tooltips that automatically pop-up next to your cursor when you hover over inventory items (on corpses, in bags, in general inventory slots, in bank slots, etc) are no longer appearing. They used to though! Help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Environment:
- I am (and have been) using the QQui hybrid GUI (which is FANTASTIC, by the way)
Note 1: I have not made any changes whatsoever to this GUI, and the tooltips had worked previously with this exact GUI.
Note 2: I tried re-loading the GUI with /loadskin, it did not solve the problem.

- Win10 computer, running EQ client in a window, NOT using any other 3rd party programs (like EQ play nice, WinEQ, etc.)
Note: I reboot my computer daily, and a reboot did not solve the problem.

If anyone has advice on what additional steps I might take to get my tooltips back, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 02-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Aviak

RESOLVED:

So i tried using a character with the default UI (tooltips still broken), and also tried deleting the eqclient.ini file (still broken).

I usually turn my computer off at night, which I had assumed would satisfy the "reboot your computer" suggestions that others have used to fix this issue.
HOWEVER, I also found a post on a different forum that mentioned Win10 manages memory differently in a shut-down situation as opposed to a restart situation.
I tried "restarting" instead of a shutdown, and voila, tooltips now work again.

As a result: RESTART your computer, don't shut it down, and it will re-instate the tooltips.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Worked for me too.

Shutting down my computer every night and still had the problem but just doing a restart helped.

Win10

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 06-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

If you go into power options and click on "choose what the power buttons do" you can disable the fast startup option. That will make shutdown behave the way it used to.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...-in-Windows-10

-Mcoy