Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Not even a little bit true, you just have to be creative and proactive. I’ve leveled several characters untwinked and there’s literally a guild designed for this and everywhere I go I see people leveling together. Go to real zones...people don’t group at Orc camps and Derv camps because they know now how terrible the exp is. You’ll definitely find groups at every level in real zones that are worth a damn
Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had it happen to my warrior twice, yesterday.
Do you have proccing weapons?
Old 09-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People routinely don’t invite people out of the fear of forming a non ideal group. That’s the biggest issue I’ve seen that impedes groups.
I've been in ideal and non-ideal groups aplenty. If you got passed over twice yesterday, it was a group thing, not a p99 thing.

In fact, proper groups, with an actual tank tanking, legit CC, pullers who pull well, etc...that is my exception, and nonstandard "let the bard tank and we'll use healer's root for CC while at least two people AFK 45 minutes out of every hour...and we'll have the ogre shaman be the puller" groups seem to be the rule.

Groups are out there. I have easy days and harder days finding them, but they are out there. Even with my "no twink, no way" guild tag.
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 09-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Thread title and OP are correct, and most of the responses in this thread are idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
levels 20-25 are kind of shitty for everyone - you are too high for Oasis, Guktop is hit or miss with Scyer, LOIO is far away, and Mistmoore pond/GY are fairly shit camps honestly.
People used to be in Oasis killing the deepwater crocs in their early 20's. Then there was also South Karana, Lake Rathe, Everfrost, Solusek's Eye. These zones were packed with people grouping in actual classic EQ (and of course Unrest, which the OP mentioned as the one place where they can still find a group). Sad they are nearly extinct in the current timeline.

Guktop was not "hit or miss" either in classic. It was FULL of people. Also Temple of Cazic-Thule was completely packed when Rubicite dropped there and still had plenty of groups even after they removed those drops from the zone. Lake of Ill Omen became a huge hotspot for levels 20+ in Kunark era as well; anything that moved in the zone got hunted.

Levels 15-20 were harder in terms of having enough things to hunt, at that point you were past most of the newbie areas but not yet strong enough for most dungeon content or other popular outdoor areas. It was a huge bottleneck in Crushbone for example, where there was just the throne room left for those levels, but that alone isn't enough to support many 15-20 groups. Was a similar story for Blackburrow or Najena, where the content for those levels was more sparse. West Karana scarecrows were constantly camped and in other such zones people would just find whatever wandering things they could that still gave exp. Oasis of course being constantly full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The exp mod for LOIO is trash though.

Literally the worst in the game.
It wasn't when Kunark came out; they eventually "nerfed" most outdoor zones though because of how they were considered easier. Most people didn't even know about this stuff though and regardless of the exp-modifiers for zones, LOIO simply has a great density of things to hunt, which means you should be able to safely kill more (and thus get more exp) than in many other places, without having to wait around as much for a camp. The Overthere was extremely popular for similar reasons and was one of the few "old" zones that managed to hold onto a semblance of a population for several more expansions, and similarly still has people hunting there during late Velious era p1999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even a little bit true, you just have to be creative and proactive. I’ve leveled several characters untwinked and there’s literally a guild designed for this and everywhere I go I see people leveling together. Go to real zones...people don’t group at Orc camps and Derv camps because they know now how terrible the exp is. You’ll definitely find groups at every level in real zones that are worth a damn
What you just wrote is the exact opposite of "creative". Going to one of the few "real" zones that have people standing around in line for camps is not what Everquest is supposed to be. Granted, during the upper levels of classic EQ this eventually became a problem where there wasn't enough content to go around (and people still did love sticking around the "more popular" areas), but you could find a group in almost any zone when Everquest was at its best.

If people are not at Orc and Derv camps (or their equivalents for other areas of the world) then it's not classic Everquest. These places all around the entire game world were flowing with constant groups/adventurers and it was what gave the game life.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe not a helpful answer, but if you act this way in game I am not surprised you have trouble finding groups.
I can't imagine grouping with this guy for more than 5 minutes before it became intolerable. He just exudes that type of energy.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I read the whole thread and got some great grouping tips. I appreciate the input--it inspires me to start up a duo or trio and move to a less traveled zone next time i log on.

I think OP's problem is his disposition. I care about xp, but not as much as I care about enjoying the company of the people I'm grouped with. I wouldn't group with this guy whether it would improve xp or not. I'm probably not the only one.

OP, you come across as whiny and confrontational. Why did you think it was a good idea, if you were having a problem, to make a thread attacking the server instead of asking for advice? That's a terrible approach to solving your problems.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Apparently you're looking for EQ to be Reborn. I understand that. I, too, was looking for EQ to be Reborn. Perhaps we should consult google on how EQ could be Reborn.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

ITT people who lost the spark of why they started EQ/P99 in the first place
Old 09-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

I hear the railroad will be through here soon, so be patient.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymack007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is playing Alts with thousands of plat worth of gear and just soloing into their late teens or early 20's. This really fucking sucks for us new players.
If you had made a new character mid-Velious on the server I played initially on live (Tunare, which opened 2 or 3 months after the initial EQ release) your experience would've been very similar. In most cases the twink gear wasn't as fancy as you see here, but it didn't and doesn't have to be to overpower the sub-20 content. p99 fails to be "classic" in myriad small details, but your complaint is not one of them. This was a big motivator for me and quite a few others who would jump on every new server that opened back in the day.

tl;dr

Sorry bud, but the situation you're complaining about is classic for the current era of the server, suck it up.
Closed Thread