Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Large Rat

Default zip drive install?!?

Wanting to get back into p99, for some reason i cant seem to get my CD drive to work. I have the physical CD's, I installed all 5 CD's normally onto my laptop, then found the location of the files. Put that folder onto a zip drive to transfer over to my desktop. I found the "Launch Titanium" in the folder, ran that and the game boots. I log in it accepts my log in an i pick my server. It goes to the loading screen and i think everything is ok an its playing, BUT i get a fatal error saying it cannot pull memory from directory, While im not the most tech savvy guy, is there some crucial step im missing? I really dont want to pirate this game since i have the physical CD's because that's the only set up tutorial i can seem to find other than the normal setup with a working cd drive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Aviak

ZIP drive? Seriously? Like, http://www.esaitech.com/iomega-04051...RLQaAj208P8HAQ ?

I assume you mean a ZIP file that you put on a USB stick.

Also, did you make images of the disk, or just install it and then copy the installed folder over? If you didn't make images, I would suggest taking the CDs to friend's or work PC and just making ISO images of each disk so you can do a proper install on whatever system you like.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Large Rat

no idea how to do that, u can speak Chinese to me but it wont matter unless i understand it.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no idea how to do that, u can speak Chinese to me but it wont matter unless i understand it.
What a pleasant individual you are!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Large Rat

im just asking a question if there is a way to do it, you are the one that immediately trolled me. i called it a zip drive, better sharpen your pitch forks an come get me. last i checked this is a forum to technical support on a video game, simple request. I didnt come here to internet fight.
all i wanna do is solve my problem.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turandis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It goes to the loading screen and i think everything is ok an its playing, BUT i get a fatal error saying it cannot pull memory from directory
Please post the exact text of the error.

Quote:
is there some crucial step im missing?
No. Everything you did was correct - you don't need to make images of the discs or anything, you can literally just copy the installation directory over to another machine and it should work fine. You're probably experiencing some kind of hardware/driver issue, but it cannot be properly diagnosed without knowing what the error said.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
im just asking a question if there is a way to do it, you are the one that immediately trolled me. i called it a zip drive, better sharpen your pitch forks an come get me. last i checked this is a forum to technical support on a video game, simple request. I didnt come here to internet fight.
all i wanna do is solve my problem.
I wasn't trolling you. I was asking questions to figure out what you actually did in hopes of diagnosing the problem for you. None of which you answered.

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please post the exact text of the error.

No. Everything you did was correct - you don't need to make images of the discs or anything, you can literally just copy the installation directory over to another machine and it should work fine. You're probably experiencing some kind of hardware/driver issue, but it cannot be properly diagnosed without knowing what the error said.

Paul is right, you can just copy your EQ directory to another computer w/o re-installing. post the error message your getting and I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 02-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Large Rat

tried a complete reinstall an fresh transfer. Copy an replaced files an deleted the ones the setup says to delete. Launch titanium works then on to character select loading screen this fatal error pops up.

"The instruction at 0x02cc45b4 refrenced memory at 0x02a5f0dc. The memory could not be reached."
Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Launch titanium works then on to character select loading screen this fatal error pops up.

"The instruction at 0x02cc45b4 refrenced memory at 0x02a5f0dc. The memory could not be reached."
From the FAQ thread:

Quote:
1. Help! When I try to run eq, at some point before entering the game, I get an error that looks something like this:
The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

This solution to this is actually very simple. Go to your EQ folder. Find the file eqclient.ini and open it in a text editor (i use notepad, its the simplest to use)

hit ctrl+f, type windowedwidth, you should see something like this:

WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=768
Width=1280
Height=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768

change it to this:

WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
Width=800
Height=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600

... you may need to fiddle with that a bit. If 800 x 600 isnt working, try using your monitors native resolution instead. Eventually, you will get a combination that works
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-07-2017 at 11:55 AM..