Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Monk or Rogue

Hi all,

I recently got the itch to return to p99 but was seeking some advice on whether to play my 55 epic monk or my 56 epic rogue. Which class has a better time on this server currently? I like how the monk can solo and FD for get of jail free and all but I also like how the rogue requires less skill for those times you want to just group and not worry about a stray pull wiping the group or something. I have some moderate gear for each including a fungi, sos, etc.. thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:45 AM
Banned

I think you will find the sneak pull nerf to be quite frustrating since it looks like you would be used to the old way. Basically sneak doesn't work anymore and splitting mobs on a monk is ridiculous now. With that said, you may find monk leaves a bad taste in your mouth these days.

Both classes are awesome - if you like to be active and like pulling then Monk - if you want to just chill and kill stuff rogue.

personally if I were you I would park my rogue in Sebelis and if you can't find a group within 5-10 minutes swap to the monk and /who all shaman 53 59 and try to duo somewhere like KC
Last edited by Spyder73; 10-30-2017 at 09:51 AM..
Old 11-02-2017, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the advice Spyder! Only problem is I really like to focus on one char at a time and I can’t really afford to keep two chars both geared up atm lol! I suppose given the fact that I havnt played in a while it would probably be best I play the rogue so I don’t get people killed pulling in zones I don’t remember too well.
Last edited by Dezik; 11-02-2017 at 11:32 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Rogue.
Its all about FQ. Monks look like paint-sniffers for the most part , human or lizard.

If you're a min-maxer then Monk. Insanely OP class for this era especially if/when triple attack comes.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Gear the monk, give the rogue an offhand and play whichever looks fun that day. Rogue doesn't need much to shine and with gear a monk can tank / pull significantly better.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I would say Stave of Shielding, Fungi, etc. keep that gear on monk. Epic rogue can get a 12/24 offhand and some basic HP gear for cheap to survive and take a few hits and still contribute to group at a high level
Old 11-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue if you only want to push one button while playing. Monk if you want to push two.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue if you only want to push one button while playing. Monk if you want to push two.
this sir is a new SIG good point.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 11-15-2017, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Someone isn’t playing monk right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

There's a wrong way to play an open world role playing game?
Closed Thread