Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

I've never demanded plat for a rez, and usually don't accept it when offerred, but I do think offering one should be standard practice. I don't know about you, but usually when I'm in EQ, I'm doing stuff, and going out of my way to rez someone usually takes at least a few minutes. Offering a donation is recognition that my time is valuable, and my help appreciated.

Some people already expect rezzes. I actually had someone bitch that I wouldn't run to CoM to rez them when I was in TT heading to a Seb group. I get that it is only a couple zones, but I had a group of friends waiting on me, and some random dude expects me just drop what I'm doing and rez them? I've pretty much remained anon since that happened. The second he hit 49 and got that 90% rez, the ridiculous rez requests started rolling in.

Since I'm already bitching about rezzes... People under L20 need to stop with the rez requests. Unless it is a travel issue where you're bound half way across the world, it probably takes me longer to run there and med the mana back than it would for your L16 character to just regain the exp. I'm not wasting my time crossing multiple zones to rez back what amounts to 10 minutes of exp grinding, stop asking.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Skeleton

Can confirm, he's the real McCoy! Numerous free rezzes from McCoy, he's told me he's done thousands and never accepted a tip..
Old 11-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

I think it's fair to say a cleric that likes being tipped for their time/services isn't a bad cleric.

Gifts/tips for one's service works two ways, it shows appreciation and compensates possible loss of time a cleric spends rezzing which as has been said, time is money for some.

I don't know why people worry about what others spend their ingame fake money on anyway... Why does it matter?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

If offered I usually take it, and then symbol them.

If asked for a rez in some distant zone with promise of a tip I'll do that if I'm not preoccupied as well.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
time is money
Old 11-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Aviak

RezziCare

Socialized Rezzicine

Rezzie Sanders

Rezzing Security

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 11-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

in the interest of order i'll assume the thankless task of countering OP's wanton placating of conscience by charging no less than ONE-THOUSAND (1,000) PLATINUM PIECES per resurrection henceforth.

and so Norrath knew harmony once more.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:49 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 11-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in the interest of order i'll assume the thankless task of countering OP's wanton placating of conscience by charging no less than ONE-THOUSAND (1,000) PLATINUM PIECES per resurrection henceforth.

and so Norrath knew harmony once more.
Truly your selfless service has Made Norrath Great Again. Thank you.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this went in an unexpected direction... I should have been more clear / not as drunk when I posted this. What I was alluding to was the occasional "hey can I pay you xxx for a rez in (usually common location; often not too far away) request. It just seems that there's a mentality on this server that certain services cost specific amounts. They're supposed to be tips / donations, and those by definition should not be considered "required", especially when it doesn't require a significant effort.

Move to RnF, please - this definitely doesn't belong in server chat.

-Mcoy
The title of the thread is "PSA: Don't Pay for Rezzes!"

It went about as expected or maybe even a little better than expected

They took it easy on you because they want free resses

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread