Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-22-2018, 10:07 PM
Kobold

Default Custom UI that is optimized for 4k displays?

Question basically in the title. Can anyone recommend one, or is Duxa able to be used with a 3840x2160 resolution?
It's getting to be a pain either having to play on Full Screen rather than Windowed, or having to switch to 1920x1080 whenever I go to play EQ.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:14 PM
Kobold

So... no luck finding a 4k UI after scouring the forum, google, and eqinterface.com.

However, I found a solution, and wanted to update this thread in case anyone in the future wants to try this approach.

The solution is WinEQ [direct download link]

Now unfortunately, you can't use the regular version to fix this. You will need to get a subscription to enable Fullscreen emulation. You can try a trial of it for 7 days to make sure it works. The pricing isn't bad ($15 for 90 days, $50 for 365 days, or $75 for 730 days). My rationale is that I'm able to play P99 for free in the first place, and the longest subscription is only $3.12 a month.

Hope this maybe helps someone in the future.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Howdy. I just saw you PM, but figured I could reply here to help anyone else out with a similar issue. I started a 4k compatible UI and gave it to some other folks who were updating it within a thread.

You can find that thread here. Hope that helps you. If not i might be able to dig around and find the work I had done.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Thank you deezy. I actually like the method I found for right now since 1) WinEQ makes alt-tabbing super quick, and 2) I just really like the UI I'm using right now.
Plus, WinEQ fixes this annoying auto-gamma setting that gets activated every time I go to play EQ.