Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gina is for bad and/or lazy players that want to forever remain bad and/or lazy. Good players don't use it, nor do they need it. First time I heard a guildie blame their fuck up on Gina, I'd guild remove them for being bad.

That said, different UIs are available, as are texture upgrade packs, here on this forum. And anything that only reads the log file should be ok. <3
master your class and all the little eq nuances first them implement it later, otherwise gina can definitely be a detrimental crutch if you were to try and get it running hot off the bat/import a massive trigger package someone has been meticulously tailoring for a long time when your new. start small if at all, and build one yourself - simple things like someone hailing you or opening trade window when your tabbed out etc

gamepars is great, A+. i really like qqui, but the defaul/classic UIs have a special nostalgic charm to them
Old 11-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

You’d have to be pretty out of touch with the game to not see how spawn timers, debuff timers, and buff timers could be useful.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Search text: ^(?<char>\w+)((?<!\s).)*tells you, '

Display text: new tell from ${char}, etc.
Nice, that's one I could never figure out. Guessing I can just toss an {S1} on the end of those and it will show the tell text in the overlay?

Was using {S} tells you, '{S1}' and display text {S} - {S1} but it registers pet messages which is annoying as hell as an Enchanter. I'll have to try yours when I log in tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice, that's one I could never figure out. Guessing I can just toss an {S1} on the end of those and it will show the tell text in the overlay?
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was using {S} tells you, '{S1}' and display text {S} - {S1} but it registers pet messages which is annoying as hell as an Enchanter. I'll have to try yours when I log in tomorrow.
My RegEx will only work for charmed pets that have a name consisting of more than a single word. So if you summon a pet, or charm Froon, for example, it will still register tell alerts from them, unfortunately.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
naw, GINA lets you do some pretty dope shit

fav use case was monitoring incoming complete heals - I had an 'oh fuck' button that would target self and use the inventory slot holding my reaper. Saved my ass plenty of times when the next CH was a second or two off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hc2...ature=youtu.be
how did gina help here? you noticed you didn't get CH'd so you used the reaper (which part of that was actually gina and not just you being good)? did gina play a sound? it was kind of impossible to tell with the music....

It was pretty impressive, but again, it seems more like you were just good. Maybe I'm misunderstanding all that gina can do though? I guess it can read the log for when a cleric CLAIMS to be healing or when a cleric starts casting a spell and then play a noise when you don't actually get healed on time? was gina playing the soundbyte "oh $!# reaper"? Or was that you saying it? it's hard to tell because... if you recorded your own voice for gina to playback to you, from my perspective I can't tell if that was you talking live, or gina playing your voice for you?
Old 11-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

He set it up so each time a CH message was sent a 10 second timer would count down. On his screen it would look like this

Cleric1 CH 10s left
Cleric2 CH 9s left
Cleric3 CH 8s left
Cleric4 CH 4s left
Cleric5 CH 3s left
Cleric6 CH 2s left
Then during that huge gap between clerics 3 and 4 he would pull out his reaper of the dead, target himself and if he saw a spike of damage he would use the reaper.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’d have to be pretty out of touch with the game to not see how spawn timers, debuff timers, and buff timers could be useful.
Personally I don't doubt the effectiveness of addons I just find them detracting from my immersion on a game so choose to not use them in most cases.

There's lots of different opinions and perspectives regarding addons, and the worst imo are the nerds who think you HAVE to use addons to be good.

Addons are not a necessary facet to most games, helpful but not a requirement. P99 definitely does not need to be played with addons.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQClassicHD - some of us nerds decided to upscale and touch up character textures! We've also got transparency fixes, epic weapon particle fixes, and animation fixes.

Zaela's iksar animation fix

Zaela's wolf form run speed animation fix

+ custom UIs!

qqui, Cucumbers' Velious era p99 UI
DizUI, modded DuxaUI
This old optimized p99 UI
Will the Iksar animation fix improve my Iksar Necro experience, everything about how my Iksar moves bugs me? Any tips on setting it up?
Old 11-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the Iksar animation fix improve my Iksar Necro experience, everything about how my Iksar moves bugs me? Any tips on setting it up?
It's mostly the 2hs animation. More info in the post itself. You basically download the tool, run it, and follow the directions.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These fixes are included in the EQClassicHD texture package, just to clarify. So if you've installed that you already have Zaela's animation & particle fixes. If you don't want to install EQClassicHD, here's a post I made that includes all Zaela fixes in one zip: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=21
Closed Thread