Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 09:41 AM
Kobold

It can be rough making platinum as a cleric compared to other classes since clerics can't really solo (or kill anything efficiently). Also they have expensive reagents (peridots) used for their popular HP/AC buffs.

You should absolutely tip your clicky cleric.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

I have a druid and a cleric, albeit only a 90% rez atm. I never require tips. If someone offers a tip, then I will take it unless it's a guild member. I don't mind it and with the amount of time some folks have put into their chars on this server, many folks have a ton of plat that won't really hurt them dropping 20 or something on a cleric or druid for a service.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 11-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in b4 this lands in rnf
Why are people afraid to put their rants in the approriate forums section?
Old 11-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

As someone who has needed his share of rezzes, this is ridiculous. Not every cleric is as "altruistic" as you. I quote it because you aren't really being altruistic, you are:
1. Bragging - sort of
2. Want to increase your 'rez count'
3. Have alts you want rezzed, but hope to not pay for.

If I can't pay or tip for a rez, then I cannot get an immediate rez as easily. As a cleric, if I can't expect a tip or payment, then I won't be as motivated to be available. What you suggest will actually make it HARDER to get a rez. You're asking us to depend on people being as "selfless"/crazy as you are. What happens when you decide you are tired of rezzing people?

This is the thing about economics that people never seem to understand. Payment for services rendered is not bad or evil or greedy, it's actually the moral thing to do. Free stuff is slavery.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

This goes into the whole tip/donation vs paid services. When someone advertises X service for donations / tips, I feel they dont have any reason to stand on to feel angry since they asked for a voluntary donation.

When someone says porting for plat / rezzing for plat, they should be able to expect some sort of monetary compensation since they are asking for it in return for said service.

When I play my cleric to buff my alt group / rez them in case things go south, depending on my mood I can advertise free rez or rezzing for plat. If someone offers me something extra when I say free rez, that is a very nice donation and gesture, and I may or may not decide to take it depending on the zone, twinkiness of rezzee, if I had to get a port over, etc.

If I am advertising rezzing for plat, say in permafrost or CoM or some other zone that very likely doesnt have 96% rez available as often as in demand, I can deny free rezzes guilt free as it was specifically advertised as a paid service.

I personally always try to donate to the cleric when they rez me whether it was advertised as donation or paid. I don't expect this service for free, but the cleric in question may decline my contribution which is also nice.

Its not about greed, its fair compensation for supply/demand.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Well this went in an unexpected direction... I should have been more clear / not as drunk when I posted this. What I was alluding to was the occasional "hey can I pay you xxx for a rez in (usually common location; often not too far away) request. It just seems that there's a mentality on this server that certain services cost specific amounts. They're supposed to be tips / donations, and those by definition should not be considered "required", especially when it doesn't require a significant effort.

Move to RnF, please - this definitely doesn't belong in server chat.

-Mcoy
Old 11-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this went in an unexpected direction... I should have been more clear / not as drunk when I posted this. What I was alluding to was the occasional "hey can I pay you xxx for a rez in (usually common location; often not too far away) request. It just seems that there's a mentality on this server that certain services cost specific amounts. They're supposed to be tips / donations, and those by definition should not be considered "required", especially when it doesn't require a significant effort.

Move to RnF, please - this definitely doesn't belong in server chat.

-Mcoy
OP your message of love and kindness doesn’t belong here haha.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

If your cleric is refusing a tip, invite them to group (ask for hero or say you'll port them w/e) and then /split XXX and then quickly disband.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

time is money, we aren't all unemployed here guy
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Banned

ForumQuest™
Closed Thread