Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Default Any 55+ Shamans want to Duo Level with a 56 Monk?

My monk's 56 now and it's fairly slowing down to level solo so looking to see if any 55+ Shamans want to duo with me. We can do more difficult spawns most likely(I have a CoF, Fungi, T Staff, Epic, Beads).

Currently soloing in SolB/CoM 2nd but also open to other solo suggestions if anyone has them for a 56 monk.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

I have a 56 Troll shaman, I am EST and will prob be on late night this weekend.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Y'all should so freeti
Old 11-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Pro tip, you don't need a level appropriate priest to level with, and I'd actually argue a lower level one is better because they take a smaller portion of the exp. With a shaman there isn't much difference between 55+ and a L52. Both have the same slows, haste and regen, which are really the big selling points. And really, aside from regrowth, even sub 52 is still good as long as resists aren't an issue. I use Togor's half the time when I'm playing shaman anyway.

Same is true of clerics. Once they hit 39 they've got CH, which is really their main utility. When I was leveling my chanter clerics in their 40s were my go to leveling partners, even when I was in my late 50s. They got insane exp since they were taking on mobs way higher than was level appropriate, and I was getting dope exp because they took a much smaller share than a cleric my level would have.

Tl;Dr - group with lowbie priests, everyone benefits!
Old 11-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Wanna duo with my 52 rogue? Fungi, 10th ring, Claw of Lightning.. the usual.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Some of the best exp I got on my ranger was duoing with a monk on LDCs. We both had fungis and between us we could either split or CC any difficult fight and didn't have any down time.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Kobold

If anyone wants to do a hardcore grinding session Thursday-Sunday, I'm off work and plan to put in a lot of time to level. PM me.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned

Shaman is a good partner but Necromancer is the best partner. Totally not joking either.

Shadowbond is a fantastic heal, rogue pet or charm DPS is vastly superior to the shaman, 93% rez if sh!t goes bad, you can both FD, necro can heal himself after healing you, Lich is the best mana regen in the game so down time is nil. Necro root CC is second to none so you don't really have to worry about adds

Shaman has slow and haste which is great and all, but Necro DPS almost negates this perk IMO
Last edited by Spyder73; 11-20-2017 at 02:18 PM..
Old 11-20-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

44 Druid works well as a side kick (underlevelled healer) in SolB BnB. New DS at 39 and regen at 44. It's pretty much all you need at 55.

They are also pretty easy to recruit while you are soloing as they can port right in to you.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is a good partner but Necromancer is the best partner. Totally not joking either.

Shadowbond is a fantastic heal, rogue pet or charm DPS is vastly superior to the shaman, 93% rez if sh!t goes bad, you can both FD, necro can heal himself after healing you, Lich is the best mana regen in the game so down time is nil. Necro root CC is second to none so you don't really have to worry about adds

Shaman has slow and haste which is great and all, but Necro DPS almost negates this perk IMO
I agree necros are an overlooked grouping class, but trying to say they are a better duo partner for a monk than a shaman is just ridiculous. Slow is arguably the most overpowered spell in the game, and on top of that they have regen, haste, hp, ac, stat buffs, and mana free dmg via jbb/epic.

Necros are good, but you don't need to over sell them with hyperbole. I think it'd be fair to compare a necro to a druid in terms of efficient duoing with a monk, but necros can't compete with a decently played shaman.
Closed Thread