Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Default New bard advice(quests, etc.)?

I'm a pretty advanced eq player, but I have never played a bard before or ever really started in qeynos. As far as a bard goes, I know nothing regarding any special songs, quests, instruments, etc. If anyone can give me advice on like newbie quests or some things to aim for it'd be appreciated.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Banned

when i played my bard sometimes I found it better to twist using instruments in a group rather than doing shit melee damage and skipping instrument boosts

the regen is especially better with boost
Old 11-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Aviak

One of the biggest things about Bard is to be adaptable. Outside of some form of regen, consider almost every other song to be situational. Constantly be taking stock of who your groupmates are, what you're killing, and how best to serve the group. You have a huge toolkit, don't be afraid to use it. Experiment, learn, and keep an open mind.

Also, don't swarm kite. Don't even buy those songs until you understand the class and how to play one in a group.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Large Rat

I always prefer to group but in the case of not being able to fine one, when, where, and how are the best way for bards to solo? I've tried with Chords of Dissonance but anytime I get close enough to hit with the tick I usually get stunned and take a ton of damage.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Aviak

Chords has a smaller range than Denon's, so depending on what you're killing and how large their hitbox is, it can be risky. The other primary methods of soloing are charming and fear kiting.

If you're determined to solo at points during your leveling, due to time, etc, I would suggest charming once you're of the appropriate level. Learning to time your songs for breaks and such are skills you're going to use when grouping, along with honing your targeting skills if you're on Green and have to mouse click. Not to mention controlling chaos if you get adds, and all the other barding duties you'll encounter during your time in Norrath.
Closed Thread