Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

To further the point Mazam is trying to reinforce, there is no real concern over where FTE'ers are camped. We'd like to maintain the 2 person limit that we currently have, but making sure that every person is camped at the zone-in is going to be a matter or micro-managing and policing. Yes, TMO may have a larger base membership, but it is a rare occasion that more than 2 dragons in VP are in window at the same time. I believe each guild can afford 4 members for a pull team. I know even TMO couldn't afford to expect a minimum of 12 members (2 camped at each spawn) to be 100% reliable upon the batphone. We both know, as with both our guilds, every FTE and pull comes down to the same dedicated members, and to be honest - our number of those players is relatively on par with the number of players you have that fit that bill. Ultimately, roster numbers would not effect the scenario to the extent that you may currently be considering.

Neither guild in Class-C is in favor of heavy policing/more rules, so we're trying to make this bare-bones simple with only the ambition of ruling out auto-fire and IP exemption abuses. This isn't a personal attack on any particular guild, more a guideline to help steer us away from any occurrences that might arise.

I understand the concern of fastest computer wins, but really, we're never going to be able to tell who has the fastest computer and even in that case, it's not always going to be consistent. There is always going to be some X-factor in whatever rule set we try to employ. And to be honest, I'd rather leave that X-factor to some manner of random chance than abuse/player manipulation.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any rules you want to state before the repops?

1: No pullers camp past entrance bridge, Ranger trackers will be frapsing
2: No more than 1 ranger in zone
3: Anyone in zone when the dragon spawns will not be allowed to FTE, or assist
4: Forfeit the current spawned dragon if the rules are broken
PD is going into window soon, please let us know if you are signing off on your original proposal or not. Your members have came to me with concerns of your ranger not being at the zone in able to fraps the FTE'ers running from bridge.
The solution is simple: Ranger keeps entrance racnar targeted, and bind sights, giving full view to police. It is easier to police just the entrance bridge, than police who or how many are logging in at each door at any given time..

If you cannot agree to the rules you initially offered us, then the FTE race can continue.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PD is going into window soon, please let us know if you are signing off on your original proposal or not. Your members have came to me with concerns of your ranger not being at the zone in able to fraps the FTE'ers running from bridge.
The solution is simple: Ranger keeps entrance racnar targeted, and bind sights, giving full view to police. It is easier to police just the entrance bridge, than police who or how many are logging in at each door at any given time..

If you cannot agree to the rules you initially offered us, then the FTE race can continue.
The "simple" solution here is to keep doing what we are doing, while "simply" taking autofire out of the equation.

Your way isn't as simple, as we've already seen anytime we didn't have people parked up there. This will just lead to the "petition every kill" type of shit we are trying to avoid, with everybody screaming bloody murder over what happened on the run up and constant calls for the other side to concede.

Just because you feel your way gives *you* (and i stress the you in that btw, since you seem most concerned with how this effects you as an individual player) the best chance to win without autofire, that doesn't make it the right choice for everybody Hoku.

So again:

Trying to use autofire use as some sort of negotiating chip is beyond retarded, so round and round we go i guess.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Despite what some think this would not become a race or bardquest. This would become gatequest in many zones.

Autofire is bad, gatequest/bardquest/anti-small guild quest is worse. The best solution is to remove autofire.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

I hesitate to get involved in this because Sirken continually has posted that there are new changes coming to the raid scene that will make Autofire a non issue, however, there has been claims that changing spawn points will turn it into a IP exemption abuse war.

When we talked about doing the 1/1/1 discussion we talked about the increase of earthquake repops and how FFA encounters would increase training and Trakanon ect. Sirken's response was "training is always illegal and we will throw down some SERIOUS ban hammers."

Since then training has gone down considerably on the raid scene and I think the same will apply to IP exemption abuse. At least that is detectable.