Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, devs clearly intended people to MQ epics

lol
Old 03-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An equally plausible reason is to guide individuals who are figuring out how to do the quest for the first time, and to restate quest requirements in an era of 56k and slow computers-- when it wasn't quite as easy to have a guide open on another monitor showing you everything you need to do. When trying to "solve" a quest it notifies you that you've turned in a correct item... but not all the correct items.

"Oh I've turned in one of my glowing stones to Foloal Stormforest and she says she needs both, that must mean I also need to hand her my VS stone too"
My angle was that the game already uses a feature where NPCs send a direct tell to you that others do not see. If the case was as simple as you say, then why not have quest npcs also do this like a merchant does when he tells you how much an item costs. So to me the fact that text is in say means something as that had to be decided by the Devs for a reason. Why make that bit public for anyone standing around and why do not all quests have text for individual turn ins. So you could surmize as I have that theres a method to the madness and the Devs understood that there needed to be a way to signal to people around a quest npc that a turn in was completed to people beyond just the player turning it in.

The answer is no one knows but at least I am pointing out the discrepencies present.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, devs clearly intended people to MQ epics

lol
Prove that they didnt intend it.

Im showing some real differences in how non-MQ and MQable quests handle their npc text and the counter points have yet to really show anything that the angle Ive explained is not accurate to what the Devs put in on purpose.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Pras OP. Sucks to suck AG. I remember half of the names bashing the OP were some of the people cheering when it happened to AM, and TMO before them. Karma is a bitch pals.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove that they didnt intend it.

Im showing some real differences in how non-MQ and MQable quests handle their npc text and the counter points have yet to really show anything that the angle Ive explained is not accurate to what the Devs put in on purpose.
When I was in the Guide program on live, we were expressly forbidden from assisting players with any manner of MQ. The stated reason was that it was an unintended function of the quest system.
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Old 03-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was in the Guide program on live, we were expressly forbidden from assisting players with any manner of MQ. The stated reason was that it was an unintended function of the quest system.
Well thank you for some actual relevant info to this debate. My question is tho what era were you a guide, because tons of Quests were all MQable as EQ went on and if it wasnt a feature that the Devs wanted to be used could have written it out.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well thank you for some actual relevant info to this debate. My question is tho what era were you a guide, because tons of Quests were all MQable as EQ went on and if it wasnt a feature that the Devs wanted to be used could have written it out.
I was a guide from 2002 (mid-Luclin) to 2004 (OoW era). I quit Live in late 2005.
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Old 03-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is a douche and a half but as others have said it is not against the rules to buy recharge items off a merchant. Surprised OP posted this though - was your reputation really worth a net and WC cap? If you had snagged the Locket of Escape it might be a worthy heist but you even suck at that. You fail at forum quest, Everquest and most likely life in general.
LOL I was thinking this exact thing. EQ is a huge time commitment and a game where server reputation actually matters in the success of your character. Considering this was such a very small haul to trash your reputation on..

I think OP just trolled.. himself.

Thanks for lettin' P1999 know yer server name, genius. Want to go ahead and list off the rest of your alts names, too?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a guide from 2002 (mid-Luclin) to 2004 (OoW era). I quit Live in late 2005.
Very cool ty for shedding real light. Its pretty odd how they handled it as its obvious they were aware of the practice and could have prevented it w coding but chose not too. Having guides not assist w failed MQs seems like a sensible policy to have to limit the workload of Guides to more dire things that the GMs preferred be handled.

They recently on live removed the ability to MQ Coldain rings, so they do seem to pick and choose when an individual has to complete an entire quest. Still dont feel its an exploit, unintended sure but an exploit gets fixed not allowed to fester for 20 years in the case of Coldain rings.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Very cool ty for shedding real light. Its pretty odd how they handled it as its obvious they were aware of the practice and could have prevented it w coding but chose not too. Having guides not assist w failed MQs seems like a sensible policy to have to limit the workload of Guides to more dire things that the GMs preferred be handled.

They recently on live removed the ability to MQ Coldain rings, so they do seem to pick and choose when an individual has to complete an entire quest. Still dont feel its an exploit, unintended sure but an exploit gets fixed not allowed to fester for 20 years in the case of Coldain rings.
I think that once it became a thing, they decided not to take it away, but at the same time not support it. I don't think they ever considered it an exploit, per se, but it was unintended. I don't think the GMs were treated very well back then. I know the GM of my server was run ragged. So being able to instantly ignore a situation that would have required a bunch of digging through logs was good.
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Closed Thread