Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Kobold

What guild is Robthe in?
Old 06-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I know that AM has great people. Toggin, Capi, Monrezz, Darkman, Visceral, and many more are lovely to talk to. The people that were being referred to are those that have a history of being homophobic, racist, and sexually harassing women.
That's a nice story you're crafting there, but my experience in AM has had none of that. It's possible that current members had some of that behavior in the past, I can't say for sure. I can say that we've had apps that had a reputation as toxic in the past, even among our own members, but they were given an opportunity to app anyway.

Several of them have gone on to become full members, with no sign of that aforementioned toxicity. They're funny, helpful, kind and skillful players. Maybe it's a difference in the community - maybe being part of guilds full of bitterness, resentment and repeated failures leads people to act out in the worst ways. I know that our guild has a lot of diversity (it IS a pretty big guild after all), with many members from minority or otherwise marginalized groups, and I've seen no slurs thrown at them, or anyone else for that matter.

Of course, we've also had people app and show themselves to be immature, rude and aggressive - they're quickly shown the door. The story of the app who told someone to kill themselves stands out, and he was deguilded promptly. But painting AM as a guild that houses bigots might make people think twice about apping us, and when your guild doesn't do so hot at competing, maybe that's not the worst tactic.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hes gotta spin as its his big story of why he left the Discord and quit the game. I specifically told everyone to camp in that fraps with the audio, there wasnt enough time.

Liars will lie, dunno...
Monrezz's video definitely did have audio, and overlapped with the beginning of Detoxx's. He's also right, that people were calling to camp. Then if you watch Detoxx's video you can see him cancel his camp multiple times and stand in the way. He has over 90 seconds of not being AEed to camp out. It's right there in the video you posted. I don't understand how I am spinning a story here. It's right there in the video you posted.

Monrezz, you can post yours here if you'd like if you think it shows something different (I lost the link).

You were definitely a part of the reason I didn't want to play as much. It's not fun having to deal with situations like this. The other being I was starting to do poorly in school and had to free up some time.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hes gotta spin as its his big story of why he left the Discord and quit the game. I specifically told everyone to camp in that fraps with the audio, there wasnt enough time.

Liars will lie, dunno...
Pretty sure Fran didn’t leave the UN channel or the game because of any one incident, and he hasn’t left the game at all. He’s been pretty active the last week or two.

You can talk trash about mobs you won against Tempest or AW, but if you know of any known cheaters or RMTers in Riot, let me know and provide some evidence and I’ll remove them myself. I’m in the UN channel now, so you know where to find me.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

I suspect a Riot/AG merger will eventually happen.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then if you watch Detoxx's video you can see him cancel his camp multiple times and stand in the way. He has over 90 seconds of not being AEed to camp out. It's right there in the video you posted. I don't understand how I am spinning a story here. It's right there in the video you posted.
Quote:
You mean me standing up to continue frapsing since you didnt even concede with the fraps of a clear train, even less of a chance without one. You fostered that environment, not me.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Not Core, nor Riot, have ever had somebody stay in-game for Frapsing purposes. NEVER have they done that guys. Holier-than-thou lives on.

Clown world.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not Core, nor Riot, have ever had somebody stay in-game for Frapsing purposes. NEVER have they done that guys. Holier-than-thou lives on.

Clown world.
Please PM me the RMT evidence you have.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also funny because the people we turn down apps Riot.

You currently have a guy tagged that we turned down for maloing and slowing other guild's mobs, and spamming guild chat asking for a rogue to come lockpick the door for him to get into VP.
We should've let him in. The memes...THINK OF THE MEMES!
Old 06-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should've let him in. The memes...THINK OF THE MEMES!
Yeah but think of the concessions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Is asking for a rogue to lockpick VP and gating out of your own epic fight by mistake worth all the headaches?

Truly a conundrum for greater minds than mine
Closed Thread