Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was told when i signed up i would be able to experience classic everquest as it was
You should ask Rogean for your money back.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-21-2019, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Time is money.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Banned

Default Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time is money.
Can't buy the time back to play the game like it was.

Min/Max'd our way to tears.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Aviak

The class system and sky rotation during Kunark was probably the most fun I have had on p99, but probably for all the wrong reasons, haha.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Remember when Divinity, Taken, and BDA destroyed the class R rotation by requiring guilds to be able to kill Gorenaire solo within 3 hours of spawning (regardless of time of day) or you would be removed from the rotation on Trakanon, CT, Innoruuk, and Venril Sathir?

Wasn’t it also required that you had to do the same with Talendor to be able to kill Maestro of Rancor?

Also if I killed Gorenaire with help from another guild, I would be required to kill all other mobs like Maestro with that guild. /smh

I remember the big guilds picking the hardest mobs as gatekeepers for different “tiers” of mobs to hope that guilds would fail out of being allowed in the rotation.

I imagine that if there was a rotation now, Tunare and AOW would be the mobs BDA, Taken, and Divinity would require new guilds entering the rotation to kill to be allowed any mobs in ToV.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its almost like in the expansions after Velious and Luclin they realized the way it was on classic fucking sucked for anyone who had a job. Who couldn't always wake up at absolutely retarded hours of the night to kill mobs. When green comes out I really do hope instances are what the custom content is. Leave group zones alone, but letting everyone see all the content once a week (hell make it every 2 weeks so people can space out their raids and balance a personal life so theyre not just staring at their screen like a junkie scratching their skin waiting for their next fix) would be better for literally everyone.
Yeah I don't get everything, I will never be L33t. Excuse me while I cry into my bowl of cheerios. Please add instances so I can leave P99 behind for good and enjoy more of summer. Call J.G. Wentworth, its your loot and you want it now!

these fucking crybabies, talking about real life, work and responsibilities and coming at us with this. How the hell has your boss not broke his foot off ankle deep in your bottoms yet?

I didn't get the loot back in era nor do I here, despite the meta being changed in my favor. What I do get is to play EQ as the designers intended. It is horrible to see pixels lust break a supposed adult this hard, how do you handle hardships in life and does the person whos shoulder you cry on ever tell you to fucking stop?

Good for all of us? count me out. I don't want to play your WoWesque , cater to me kindly and stroke my cock while I grin BS. I want to get kicked around and shit on. Life isn't a disney land fairly tale.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2019, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

ToV is endgame content. It should be difficult and require a lot of coordination with other people, and maybe even.. some non-AFK effort.

Pulls to zoneline were completely ridiculous and correlated to exactly 0 people's experiences of classic Velious raiding. It was an abomination.

ToV clears used to take most of an evening and require a 50-80 man raid force. Shit's classic. Deal.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to get kicked around and shit on.
Here you go.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah ill pass, I like PC games. P99 is all I play anyway, when I do play games. Isn't the min/max in those games to roll around, im sure I could manage but I honestly have no interest in the title. +1 for it not having MTX and roadmap design though.

Also got rid of steam awhile back, I avoid any and all digital stores. I have my own personal beefs with that. There are no hard copies, everything is made to baby powder our bottoms for maximum anal ease.

New queefs thinking STEAM is PC Gaming. I would be on Linux if they were doing something original designed for Linux only, instead they are trying to be Windows punk baby brother. Nothing of interest here. The barrier to entry would keep the 'I can't be bothered's' away. Trying to plug in their PS4 controller to play an MMORPG.
Closed Thread