Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default looking for info on 4 npcs

Hey guys, I'm looking for any info on 4 NPCs in Firiona Vie with the names Fieldsurgeon Trom, Shieldbearer Beurd, Shieldbearer Relios and Vrionele- if they exist in Proj99 and if so, what they do there.

These 4 have become a bit of a hobbie for me and I'm researching out some things. Really what I was wanting to ask here, and I'm not sure how discussion of this is handled so I hope this is cool; but, how was this game "emulated"? With so little info (apparently) available on game emchanics and such, how was it ever emulated? I mean, was there access to original EQ source code- or is this a kind of emulation based on "looks the same good enough" or is it actually a perfect emulation?

I ask this only because maybe I can find some info of value about these 4 NPCs from the source code itself, or such. Meaning, if designers actually read this post, and don't care talking about content- what is Vrionele's code? What is her trigger/flag? Does she have one? What are the purpose of these 4 in Proj99?

Thanks for any info
Last edited by MrCobb; 08-30-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

I think the devs have said that they're not going to reveal the "back end" to players, to try and keep things as much like EQ Classic as possible. That being said, they did base the server off of a wealth of internet data, so if P99 does have these NPCs it likely has a pretty decent emulation of their original versions (and players on this forum may be able to tell you more about how they behave).
Old 08-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCobb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, was there access to original EQ source code- or is this a kind of emulation based on "looks the same good enough" or is it actually a perfect emulation?
The EQ emu server uses community-made perl scripts (or in P99's case either made or revised by them) for this sort of thing. AFAIK they are not what the original EQ servers used.
Closed Thread