Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default Installation Failure: Redundancy Cycle

My friend is trying to install the EQ titanium. I have four install discs- I used them to install for myself on my laptop and desktop back in December with no problems- and he was installing from them. In the middle of disc 4 he got a message that said something about a redundancy cycle and then the program went unresponsive. I've read through a bunch of the posts on this board and I only saw stuff that was for after you've already installed EQ, didn't see anything about the actual installation process- I apologize if there is something already here and I missed it.

Thanks in advance.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

I did see the thread for if you can't get the launcher to update (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=124070) and I sent it to him- I don't know if there are core files that are needed in the installation before you can extract the files in that post into the directory or not. If he just has, say, an empty Everquest directory, because nothing installed, will it still work?

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like CD drive might be failing on buddies PC. have a external one you could use?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

I normally encounter Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) when copies silently fail and results in corrupt files.

Try copying files from CD into a folder and running the install locally (run install from the folder instead of CD drive).
Old 10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Alright guys, thanks a bunch for the advice. I'll send him the link to this post and he'll try that. Much obliged!