Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not every guild can do 3 vindi's a day. I could muster the force once a week for it, for sure, most likely despite the time because we would know in advance of 8 hours, but I don't want to deal with him 3 times a day. Let the other ones go FFA I say and let every guild have a crack at it. If they fail in their hour it goes FFA.

Same kind of system we did in Kunark mobs.
Only issue I have with letting it go FFA is the 300+ man zerg we have going on there. Its absolutely retarded and needs to stop and it wont this way. It turns into a desync war and its very frustrating. I see your point, though, not every guild will be able to muster a force round the clock unfortunately.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

right, so if they allowed for some FFA elements then it would allow for larger guilds to get at it and reduce the people there because the medium guilds would sated.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right, so if they allowed for some FFA elements then it would allow for larger guilds to get at it and reduce the people there because the medium guilds would sated.
This is a key point, I think, to consider and one Dollie brought up to me earlier. Surely would take some pressure off the zone if the once-a-week-ers were otherwise disinterested and didn't necessarily have to contest every Vindi that were in their wheelhouse (timewise).

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

From the perspective of a casual it works out quite nicely. If every player had one hour to down their target, you could predict the spawn time of your target more than 24 hours in advance with just a few hours of variance. This appeals to the hardcore because no matter what you're going to have your once secure target and then you will have a less crowded competitive field for a few additional FFA every week.
Last edited by bktroost; 08-05-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Old 08-05-2015, 02:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

just to chime in. the potential problem with it going FFA after 60 min is that right around the 45 min mark, people will starting flooding into Kael at a super quick rate. and then once again you guys would have to deal with desync issues should 300+ people start a near biblical poopsock in hopes of getting FTE

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 08-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just to chime in. the potential problem with it going FFA after 60 min is that right around the 45 min mark, people will starting flooding into Kael at a super quick rate. and then once again you guys would have to deal with desync issues should 300+ people start a near biblical poopsock in hopes of getting FTE
Hmm, trueish. Again, once the mid range guilds have their fill it will be hotly contested by a couple guilds but not the whole server.

However, Sirken brings up a good point. We need to add 15 minutes to whatever time we think is reasonable to down the mob because if you are at the end of killing it and 300+ people zone in and cause you to desynch it's gonna be a problem... in fact it's blatantly against the rules to do so. So if we think 60 minutes is the max time it takes to down him, then we make it 75-90 minutes so that when people get in their peanut gallery boxes it won't wreck some guild's day.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we need to figure out who can actually kill it first? We know that if u have 50 people plus, you can almost def kill it, but if we make a rotation should every guild automatically be put on it or should they prove they can kill it first? We can do either a rotation for every spawn or maybe rotate days. Each guild gets a day of Vindis, which would be 3.
Why can't we give all guilds an opportunity to try the kill? Its just a vindi after all, if they can't kill it then they can ask for assistance and bring in another smaller guild or pass to a larger guild.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why can't we give all guilds an opportunity to try the kill? Its just a vindi after all, if they can't kill it then they can ask for assistance and bring in another smaller guild or pass to a larger guild.
Could the staff spawn a no-loot vindi for the purposes of testing for guilds that haven't yet killed Vindi but would like a slot in this process?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could the staff spawn a no-loot vindi for the purposes of testing for guilds that haven't yet killed Vindi but would like a slot in this process?
....What?
Old 08-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

We're talking about a single target that spawns 3x / day.

Take a step back a minute here and look in the mirror. You've got razor stubble somewhere. You're a grown adult human creature. Trying to interact with others of the same ilk.

Getting pissy or greedy or selfish or silly or petty about something that there will me nearly 1,100 of - vs. 883 high-value targets we've been used to (VP intentionally left out) - in a year seems absurd to the adult staring back at me in the mirror.

If we cannot cut each other some slack here and figure something out to give our co-humans and co-inhabitants of p99 a shot at seeing this one occasionally - without duress and insanity - we've got a whole pile of bigger problems than Vindi on an emulated server.

This is an easy one. And it feels good to be magnanimous occasionally. I promise.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Closed Thread