Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default Respawn Dain after a failed Ring War

Can we come to some sort of agreement for this? This is absolutely insane to have a 300 person zerg fest racing for a Dain that everyone knows when its spawning. Its a mess.

I propose that whoever fails the ring war, gets first rights on that Dain. Simple, fair and makes sense.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

The problem with that suggestion, as much as it makes sense, is that Dain's going to turn into a farmfest because you could, in theory, spawn one every 2.5 hours.

Not that killing Dain is the problem, it's the fact that it's disruptive to Thurgadin and everyone who's not involved in trying to kill Dain.

Sorry I don't have a suggestion on how to do it. I just see the problems created by facilitating a guaranteed clean Dain shot for guilds - they impact everyone trying to use Thurgadin for anything from banking to tradeskills, etc.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't it 2 hours every 3 days? That's not really that bad. People will probably ramp up ring war action soon anyway so it might end up happening anyway.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

The ring war as currently constructed is literally impossible, a few guilds have tried and now it's a well known fact. The final wave mechanic is broken, not to mention all the falling under the world. With that in mind anyone triggering a war is doing so for the Dain attempt upon failure of the war, which isn't classic anyways. Dain shouldn't be repopping like that.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno I think its winnable, we got 1/3 warlords with ~20 ppl from each FAT guild, pretty sure we all know we can double that
Old 12-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

It does seem wrong that Dain spawns in this manner - but partly makes sense, you fail the War you will need to speak to him about new declarations etc

This server obviously doesnt let you speak with him very long but the original devs may have thought more about the quest than the actual act of downing city leaders for heads.

I know there is another thread specific to this issue - what was the resolution - Dain spawning on failed Ring War - Is it classic ? I remember reading that it would be difficult for Nilbog to separate out a specific mob from a repoping zone mechanic but I also have not read that thread in a while. It doesnt make much sense to try to build a policy around something that will get changed tho.

Here is the thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=Dain
Last edited by Erati; 12-04-2015 at 03:09 PM..
Old 12-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno I think its winnable, we got 1/3 warlords with ~20 ppl from each FAT guild, pretty sure we all know we can double that
The issue is the last wave just doesn't stop running. You could be right on top of them swinging, dropping clickies, they just ignore and run.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it 2 hours every 3 days? That's not really that bad. People will probably ramp up ring war action soon anyway so it might end up happening anyway.
You're right, I didn't finish my thought very well, it's 2 hours every 3 days.

But tradeskills and banking, yo. And ringwars WILL ramp up if it's guarateed encounters.

If a push for a mutual agreement by all raid guilds is in place to support the Failed War = first shot @ Dain, as long as it's 100% agreed upon I could see it gaining some steam.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a push for a mutual agreement by all raid guilds is in place to support the Failed War = first shot @ Dain, as long as it's 100% agreed upon I could see it gaining some steam.
Might as well have a Ring War/Dain schedule if this is the route it will end up being <3
Old 12-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's 2 hours every 3 days.
also about that

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sentry Badain is up right now, he should not be. I think I remember this mentioned in one of the bug reports, but this currently is not functioning properly.