Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Default Aftermath conceding 2 Dains

Aftermath is conceding the next Dain as part of conceding two(2) Dains (We did not contest the one on the repop today) so the next Dain we will not be contesting. We were CoTHed a few seconds before Dain had actually spawned.

We apologize for this and I ask to consider adding Dain to the new foot race rule as CoTHing at 1:59:48 seconds is dumb!!

Best of luck!
Last edited by Detoxx; 04-19-2016 at 02:19 AM..
Old 04-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Kobold

I think footrace rule for Dain would be a very good, since that way there will be plenty of time for people to complete their 9th ring quests and get their Declaration of Wars.

Last time when I was there waiting for Dain, there was like 5-8 people waiting to complete theirs, but didnt have time to do that.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Even with a foot race there is a very small window to turn in.

As of lately, most Dain spawns have occurred as a result of a failed war. This means it spawns at a known time and guilds prep accordingly. Typically those guilds are only Awakened and Aftermath and typically one of those guilds was responsible for the failure.

For Sirken to rule that failure of a Ring War concedes any attempt at a resulting Dain would help immensely in the instant-snap pulling of Dain.

I don't think Dain needs the identical rules as ToV (you don't need 60 minutes to try to pull him and no one clears to him due to the banish). But I could see the benefits of a footrace. Just need an agreeable starting line, runspeed and lull rules I think.

Regarding your concession you petitioned for loot removal, yes? The rules say something about quest pieces being turned in or some such also. Dunno if the staff undo quests already turned in or not on these.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Well the window for turn in will definately be more than 1-2s on footrace and should make 9th ring turn in actually possible.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Dain should definitely be on the new rule set. The biggest issue with dain is the messy pull, the race rules eliminate that issue as every other guild can leave and come back in an hour. It also creates a massive window for people to do turn ins since the winning guild can give everyone a few minutes to handle their business. New rules fit the dain encounter very well.

Not being able to contest a dain that spawns as a ring war you fail is fine with aftermath if sirken wants to make that a rule.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with a foot race there is a very small window to turn in.

As of lately, most Dain spawns have occurred as a result of a failed war. This means it spawns at a known time and guilds prep accordingly. Typically those guilds are only Awakened and Aftermath and typically one of those guilds was responsible for the failure.

For Sirken to rule that failure of a Ring War concedes any attempt at a resulting Dain would help immensely in the instant-snap pulling of Dain.

I don't think Dain needs the identical rules as ToV (you don't need 60 minutes to try to pull him and no one clears to him due to the banish). But I could see the benefits of a footrace. Just need an agreeable starting line, runspeed and lull rules I think.

Regarding your concession you petitioned for loot removal, yes? The rules say something about quest pieces being turned in or some such also. Dunno if the staff undo quests already turned in or not on these.
where are lull rules stated and are they in effect for the other races?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

They are not but Dain specifically you can make it from entrance to underneath him in 4-5 seconds and lull him in 2. That's a very small window for turning in if that is the primary reason for why we are asking for rule changes regarding him.

Removing lull from him particularly removes RNG and provides a bit larger window for turning in 9th rings.

PS - How can one of your two contested Dains be one that was already dead at the time you made it clear to everyone that you were conceding the mob?
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-19-2016 at 12:08 PM..
Old 04-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

They asked for a concession 3 dains later for a dain they weren't present for, we just figured we would be nice and go through the motions.

Race rules with fte securing 1hr window completely negates the need to rush your dain turn ins and makes this encounter easy on everyone. Indisputably the best route to take.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

I don't typically deal with petitionquest, so I'm not privy to the exact circumstances that precipitated this post...

But I think any reasonable person would say you cannot count last night's repop Dain as one of your two required conceded mobs when the post notifying everyone of your concession came after Dain was already dead and looted by BDA.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Bda didn't petition, they just asked for the concession so we said fuck it. You prob need to consult with your own ppl to determine whether or not y'all also want to concede for cothing too early. Its just dain so it didn't seem like it was worth the discussion.