Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I leveled a Necromancer to 52 on Red. Basically it is like dealing with the Blue raid scene all of the time IMO.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I leveled a Necromancer to 52 on Red. Basically it is like dealing with the Blue raid scene all of the time IMO.
Fte disputes, camp lawyering and the like? I'm not sure I believe you...
Old 05-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More hope for it long term than post-PoP Phinny
ROFL

This might be the dumbest thing you've ever said and you say a LOT of dumb shit...

Wanna bet Phinny has higher avg population post-pop than Dead99? I'll take that bet all day long
Old 05-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fte disputes, camp lawyering and the like? I'm not sure I believe you...
Red has developed their own dialect of idiocy, mostly based around EverQuest metaphors for homosexuals: fay gate, erudite, fire giant, etc. Just listening to this is like submerging myself in pure refuse.

Then you have the constant griefers who somehow think that their fungi tunic and full druid buffs are totally unrelated to their 100:1 KDR in mistmoore, or the people who just love ice cometing you from the 2nd floor of city of mist, etc.

The problem is that the only people who still play on that server either enjoy hurting other people or enjoy being hurt themselves as some sort of test of manhood.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wanna bet Phinny has higher avg population post-pop than Dead99? I'll take that bet all day long
Hmm, I think Phinny will experience a massive population drop within 6 months of Gates/Omens coming out. But even so just having ~2 guilds that want to progress all the way would be enough. Hard to argue about which server will be more dead, I think.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, I think Phinny will experience a massive population drop within 6 months of Gates/Omens coming out. But even so just having ~2 guilds that want to progress all the way would be enough. Hard to argue about which server will be more dead, I think.
Sure population will drop a bit. Same happened on Live servers. Will still be plenty healthy though. My old live server still had 3 pretty big guilds doing top tier content in DoDH. Then somethin like 3-4 other smaller casual guilds that lagged an expac or 2 behind.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Red has developed their own dialect of idiocy, mostly based around EverQuest metaphors for homosexuals: fay gate, erudite, fire giant, etc. Just listening to this is like submerging myself in pure refuse.

Then you have the constant griefers who somehow think that their fungi tunic and full druid buffs are totally unrelated to their 100:1 KDR in mistmoore, or the people who just love ice cometing you from the 2nd floor of city of mist, etc.

The problem is that the only people who still play on that server either enjoy hurting other people or enjoy being hurt themselves as some sort of test of manhood.
So, this is Hostel: EQ?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Phinny seems nice, with a lot of quality of life issues resolved. Economy is really weird however. Makes p99's inflation look almost normal. It seems like every other transaction going past in the auction channel is involving RMT via Kronos...some of which are hilariously high in the dollar amount for entry lvl velious gear.

What struck me as really odd was the levels I see folks at. I don't know if the levels of the areas themselves have been messed with or what but they don't seem to follow the old lvl ranges of the classic zones at all.

The low lvl scene isn't the most active but seems alright.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

i've missed so much

does this mean Swish wins
??
?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Players are a bit more powerful and the mob con scale (green, light blue, blue, etc) is a bit extended to illustrate it. For example, monsters seem to go light blue/yellow (and stay light blue longer) earlier than they do on P99. A mob can be yellow for 3 levels vs 2.

This causes people to move to new zones earlier than P99 - for instance we were doing Sebilis/HS at 45ish.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread