Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have about $10k USD on Cryptopia which just filed for bankrupcy (after getting hacked in January).

This pisses me off a little bit, because it's too much money to not care about, but not quite enough money to get involved in any kind of legal interaction with them.

But hey, it's all part of the game, I suppose.

inb4 "you had it coming"
inb4 tassador commenting about how 10k is very little money for him
inb4 "bit coin is fake money lolol"
i apologize i added my daily reply before reading this, how many times does this happen before people realize the truth?

you are all so dumb and dirt poor
Old 06-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blockchain just means large amounts of people are participating in a pre written scam designed for children.

The dude who started this imaginary system gave himself a great many free coins which he has been selling the whole time.

Creating imaginary value for an invisible product = most ingenious scam ever. Unfortunately it only worked on idiots and children ( with no USD )
This dude is such a bad troll lol
Old 06-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Banned

the blockchain only records transactions, it has nothing to do with the fact coins are magically created and everyone is maintaining a ledger of coin authenticity

that has nothing to do with 3 things.

1. The value of coins
2. Security of coins during transactions with others
3. Security of these magical exchanges that get "Hacked" and steal everyone's coins frequently
Old 06-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Banned

Like i said a million times, theres a reason poor people have no money, and even if they get money they lose or spend it very quickly because they arent meant to have money.

Go spend / invest in bitcoin i dont care. One day a real institution will launch a crypto with preset values and NO MINING and it will be very successful i promise.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Banned

bitcoin has all the right ingredients for people with additive personalities and marginal amounts of dollars to invest looking for a quick rich scheme.

Just an a-typical scam.

Let's taken Jibeken as an example: the guy has spent his teens to early 30s playing video games with very little responsibility in life: his rent, electricity and food all paid for by his folks. Add in marginal work (probably a few 100usd per week) which he probably blows most on video games and weed.

Now why there's nothing essentially wrong with the way Jibeken lives his life. He's the perfect candidate for scams like bitcoin. Here's why:

As he's entered his 30s he has realized that he's a loser and has to make up for the 15 years of a males best years in a short span. No women other than other loser women would be interested in him because in their 30s most women are looking for security.

So what doea Jibeken do? Subconsciously he is looking for a 'quick' catch up mechanic....now enters bitcoin.

Bitcoin is this thing you can do in your basement...you can mine it...you can meta-game your mining. It's interactive. It's almost like a real job. It makes you feel smart. It makes you feel like you're getting ahead. It makes you feel like your making gains. But it's all smoke and mirrors.

Of the 10,000,000 million people who invested post thr initial stages (as a sample number) 1,000 of those made out ahead because they were the smart ones.

Now this leaves Jibeken with his broken dreams of owning a million dollar house after 6 months of bitcoin mining/trading.

It was almost that tangible dream....he rolls over in his crusty blanket and checks the 20,000usd of bit coin he invested in is now only worth 8,000. He closes his iPhone 4s....gets up and logs in to PuBG on his 5 year old PC and plays games for 8 hrs straight to try forget his poor choices in life.
Last edited by White_knight; 06-04-2019 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One day a real institution will launch a crypto with preset values and NO MINING and it will be very successful i promise.
These already exist.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bitcoin has all the right ingredients for people with additive personalities and marginal amounts of dollars to invest looking for a quick rich scheme.

Just an a-typical scam.

Let's taken Jibeken as an example: the guy has spent his teens to early 30s playing video games with very little responsibility in life: his rent, electricity and food all paid for by his folks. Add in marginal work (probably a few 100usd per week) which he probably blows most on video games and weed.

Now why there's nothing essentially wrong with the way Jibeken lives his life. He's the perfect candidate for scams like bitcoin. Here's why:

As he's entered his 30s he has realized that he's a loser and has to make up for the 15 years of a males best years in a short span. No women other than other loser women would be interested in him because in their 30s most women are looking for security.

So what doea Jibeken do? Subconsciously he is looking for a 'quick' catch up mechanic....now enters bitcoin.

Bitcoin is this thing you can do in your basement...you can mine it...you can meta-game your mining. It's interactive. It's almost like a real job. It makes you feel smart. It makes you feel like you're getting ahead. It makes you feel like your making gains. But it's all smoke and mirrors.

Of the 10,000,000 million people who invested post thr initial stages (as a sample number) 1,000 of those made out ahead because they were the smart ones.

Now this leaves Jibeken with his broken dreams of owning a million dollar house after 6 months of bitcoin mining/trading.

It was almost that tangible dream....he rolls over in his crusty blanket and checks the 20,000usd of bit coin he invested in is now only worth 8,000. He closes his iPhone 4s....gets up and logs in to PuBG on his 5 year old PC and plays games for 8 hrs straight to try forget his poor choices in life.
Goddammit, this fucking comment is too real.

I honestly contemplated suicide like 6 times since reading it (don't worry, I won't - I love my dog too much)

But seriously, I got fucked. I was so stupid. Should've put it in a mutual fund or some gay shit.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Banned

That's it.

I'm a fucking Communist now.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

cant even buy snickers bar with bitcoin. quick google search says i can at least buy drugs. thats cool i guess.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cant even buy snickers bar with bitcoin. quick google search says i can at least buy drugs. thats cool i guess.
Can't buy Snickers with gold either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread