Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want overcrowding?

Wait until the refresh server and 100-200 people are competing for spiderlings in Misty (and the same pop in every other newbie zone) for the first week.
The Sleeper was like this when it launched, sitting across a spawn spot from 5 other barbarians waiting for a single goblin to pop, with 120 in Everfrost zone lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enjoy what we have [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

wealth gap complaints are bullshit, there's so many different ways to make money. if you're broke, you aren't trying hard enough. sell services, sell MQs, farm cash camps.. you don't have to be level 60 and raid geared to make money. if anything, the wealth gap makes it easier for new players to make money.. wealthy veterans are more likely to pay for convenience.

the only valid complaint imo is that the server is extremely top-heavy. even after velious, all of the raid targets are dying minutes after they spawn and usually with 2-3 guilds present and competing. a recycle server would probably have the same issue eventually, but it may also ease some of the pressure at the top end of blue.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only valid complaint imo is that the server is extremely top-heavy. even after velious, all of the raid targets are dying minutes after they spawn and usually with 2-3 guilds present and competing.
Not true at all. Velious is a game changer. Wipes were rare in Kunark, wipes are quite prevelent in the raid scene these days.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

This is the common leveling route when new people roll here;

1-12 EC
12-20 Oasis
20-30's MM
30-40's OT
40-50 CoM

If you think you are going to make any money going that route, you are sadly mistaken. Some people advocate Levels > farming, but that's not necessarily true. There are plenty of routes to make money < 50 if you take the time to do them. Hell, I remember buying a jboot MQ for one of my first characters at lvl 20.

These forums are filled with 6 years of money making posts, regardless of level. Do your research.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

So I've installed, I've made my character and I'm ready to rock on my new warrior...I ask the community what to do to make money, they say:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you're broke, you aren't trying hard enough. sell services, sell MQs, farm cash camps..
Yeah of course you'll accumulate wealth as you level, but slowly is the word here. Getting your hands on some crafted pieces or decent proc/aggro building weapons isn't happening by running the mail quest.

At level 15 you'll be lucky to have your armor slots filled. Maybe a suit of banded if you saved carefully, but you certainly won't be holding aggro versus a same level rogue with his shiny epic, a monk, or any character with a haste item.

Destron - didn't say red was better, I said that people are generally in the same boat with their gear. If you think that makes it better then great, I do agree... but I didn't say it (until just now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 08-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never seen any true newb mocked for gear. Quit peddling this Red is better crap. Red is a cesspool that no one enjoys. Blue is a great environment for a new player, very newb friendly. If you are new to this server the best thing you can do is ignore Swish and relieve your self of his Red propoganda drivel.
This.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are plenty of routes to make money < 50 if you take the time to do them. Hell, I remember buying a jboot MQ for one of my first characters at lvl 20.
Absolutely, but typically the route becomes "I'll make a druid because they can make money selling ports and powerlevels and then I can start the character I really want to play"

That's more and more the case as the years have rolled on. Great for the community in the sense of a thriving port guild, but I'm sure some are turned off by that timesink.

A recycle server won't cure it, but you can see why every "new" player would like to be there on day 1 rather than scale the plat mountain to gear up a warrior to be able to have a chance at holding aggro against all the twink dps'ers out there. Just speaking for them.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

There's a lot of different topics going around in this thread, but I'll just say three things I've found to be true: 1) You can start from scratch and earn your own keep along the way and be fine, no matter what class you are. 2) You don't need uber gear to have fun on this server. 3) It's not really that hard to get to the point where you can find or buy items.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

CONS:

Economy is insane - Honestly. Rings that should cost 50pp cost 5000pp. Rogues and Shaman twinks running around with epics at level 30, lol. The list goes on. It's like a giant MOUNTAIN of plat that is unobtainable by most new players without extreme time investments or hand-outs.
welcome to classic Everquest. Those twinks you see didn't start their characters and get the gear over night. They spent months and years getting it, helping out their friends and guild mates to get there too. Some prices are insane, but this is people's over-adherence to the prices these items sold back in live pre-2001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not newbie friendly - This may seem like a contradiction but the reality is... as a new player (not to EQ, but to P99) you're at an insane disadvantage on Red, and a complete meltdown scenario on Blue. Want to raid? Forget it. You never will. Want to kill mad bosses for loot? Not a chance. Want your epic? Unless you can buy it, tough cookies.
This is not true. Yes, I've been in arguments over camp getting mad, or making other people mad. It would be a lie to say this game can't be immensely frustrating. Overall, the community has very supportive people who enjoy to play the game as much as you do. I started in January and by late February early March I was able to start raiding. Start networking with people, join a guild. This is a social game that cannot be done at all with out actually interacting with people.

Quote:

Sometimes feels overcrowded - While it's great to have a thriving robust community, it's wicked crowded sometimes. So crowded, that in almost every newbie zone, someone is quad kiting guards, camping guards, etc.
Gotta learn how to hustle and get your own groups going. There are many populated zones where people sit and wait in line to join a group, but there are a lot of empty dungeons that people don't travel because of the work required to do so. Again, this is a social game, you have to talk to people, be afraid of rejection and get things going. YES it can be annoying, sometimes I spent an hour or two (or more!) to get a group going and find an open camp, but this is classic Everquest, you can't get anything out of it that you don't put the time to do it. It definitely isn't EZquest.

/endpileonrant
Old 08-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Banned

Dear op: wow you're such a pussy jeez holy cow wow.

There are reasons for a recycle server none of which you brought up.
The only reason is FOR FUN. JEEZ WOW HOLY COW
Closed Thread