Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Default can someone clarity camp rules in a dungeon

I walk down to crusader camp in gukbottom. It's empty, nobody on track, the ph is dead. I wait around a little longer 10 mins, still nothing. I wait 23 mins nothing. I am sitting at the camp for 23 mins with nobody nearby or anything. I hear a person killing priest ph above me. Crusader ph spawns and I engage it, the person tells me this is camped and I said it looked vacant and I'd been here 25 mins. They said they did not have to be near the camp unless someone else wanted it and asked for it and if the PH is dead it's not a vacant camp.

I understand in LGuk that people camp bounce when its empty or low pop to get as many items as possible, I've done this myself but when someone comes in and takes a camp I left, I've always just conceded it -- or if i saw the place getting crowded, I'd make sure I was at the camp I preferred of the 2-3 I was killing.

Is there any written rule on this or should I be calling "crusader priest noble minotaur elder" on camp checks and its totally legal because I'm bouncing between them and keeping the PHs down? my understand was that I had to be there.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules
Old 01-12-2020, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it. If the PH was cleared by him/her it's their camp unless he's not killing spawns in timely manner.

So, no, if no one is there wanting the a camp the current camp holder has no requirement to stay there.

Also even more complicated is nearby is not defined. If it was LOS they would just say that. they don't/ So it's debatable. Priest/crusader are virtually on top of one another tho.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it. If the PH was cleared by him/her it's their camp unless he's not killing spawns in timely manner.

So, no, if no one is there wanting the a camp the current camp holder has no requirement to stay there.

Also even more complicated is nearby is not defined. If it was LOS they would just say that. they don't/ So it's debatable. Priest/crusader are virtually on top of one another tho.
OK so just to be clear. As long as I'm back before the ph I'm good? I can go camp to camp and as long as I'm inside the room at the ph before it pops I can hold 4 to 5 camps and that's kosher? I learned something new today.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK so just to be clear. As long as I'm back before the ph I'm good? I can go camp to camp and as long as I'm inside the room at the ph before it pops I can hold 4 to 5 camps and that's kosher? I learned something new today.
Yes you can... as long as no one nearby wants any of those 4-5.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite. The response above I thought answered this pretty well:

"The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it."

The problem as stated is that "nearby" isn't clearly defined. But in practice, anecdotally at least, as soon as someone moves into an area that's generally regarded as a separate camp (except for the times when there is not currently a group camping it) then they can claim ownership. Until such time, the mob is free to engage (FTE). The game has been around so long now that there really isn't much question as to which areas are considered separate camps and which aren't. But if no one is around you're free to engage 4-5 camps on your own. However, as you can't simultaneously maintain a "presence" at each of the 4-5 camps in order to lay claim to it, if a group moves in then you have to concede the camp.

Hopefully you'll have a camp that's been a 'home base' of sorts that you can lay claim as your own by spending your time at that camp. If not, you run the risk of groups moving in and potentially laying claim to ALL your camps if you're not in the area actively camping them.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite. The response above I thought answered this pretty well:

"The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it."

The problem as stated is that "nearby" isn't clearly defined. But in practice, anecdotally at least, as soon as someone moves into an area that's generally regarded as a separate camp (except for the times when there is not currently a group camping it) then they can claim ownership. Until such time, the mob is free to engage (FTE). The game has been around so long now that there really isn't much question as to which areas are considered separate camps and which aren't. But if no one is around you're free to engage 4-5 camps on your own. However, as you can't simultaneously maintain a "presence" at each of the 4-5 camps in order to lay claim to it, if a group moves in then you have to concede the camp.

Hopefully you'll have a camp that's been a 'home base' of sorts that you can lay claim as your own by spending your time at that camp. If not, you run the risk of groups moving in and potentially laying claim to ALL your camps if you're not in the area actively camping them.
You are sort of confusing two different things a little bit. What is considered "a camp" and what is considered "nearby". They aren't the same thing.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are sort of confusing two different things a little bit. What is considered "a camp" and what is considered "nearby". They aren't the same thing.
But don’t you need to be “nearby” in order to lay claim to a camp? Or since nearby can be a very nebulous term, could a mage really claim to be nearby by being in between ass/sup and cavalier, thus claiming both camps? I would say the group that can be ‘more’ nearby would be the ones to successfully claim a camp.

The further one is from an actual camp, the less claim they can make on it.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

You cant claim two camps while someone is contesting one, you have to give up one (your choice).

You cannot leave the zone, camp out, or die and still maintain your control of the camp.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 01-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I walk down to crusader camp in gukbottom. It's empty, nobody on track, the ph is dead. I wait around a little longer 10 mins, still nothing. I wait 23 mins nothing. I am sitting at the camp for 23 mins with nobody nearby or anything. I hear a person killing priest ph above me. Crusader ph spawns and I engage it, the person tells me this is camped and I said it looked vacant and I'd been here 25 mins. They said they did not have to be near the camp unless someone else wanted it and asked for it and if the PH is dead it's not a vacant camp.

I understand in LGuk that people camp bounce when its empty or low pop to get as many items as possible, I've done this myself but when someone comes in and takes a camp I left, I've always just conceded it -- or if i saw the place getting crowded, I'd make sure I was at the camp I preferred of the 2-3 I was killing.

Is there any written rule on this or should I be calling "crusader priest noble minotaur elder" on camp checks and its totally legal because I'm bouncing between them and keeping the PHs down? my understand was that I had to be there.
In this circumstance the person camping it has to choose if they want this camp or the other one they were clearing. They can't camp 2 at once. And if they want to claim the crusader camp, they now have to go be present there if someone else is around to contest...if they left after that they lose the camp.
Closed Thread